Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#32949 - 19/06/2001 05:07 Wife bug
jwtadmin
enthusiast

Loc: Ipswich, MA
I discovered this one while my wife was adjusting the volume as I was trying to (rewind?) skip back a few seconds.

When I let go of the button the Empeg kept skipping back. I had to push the back button to make it stop.

I suspect it has something to do with the button/IR interface only accepting one input at a time and never receiving the button release code from the back button.

This of course is almost impossible to reproduce while driving alone.

John

#32950 - 19/06/2001 09:26 Re: Wife bug [Re: jwtadmin]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
It's known about, at least for 1.1. Hopefully they'll find a fix for it for 1.1..

You can do this without the remote control, by the way, and it is possible to do while driving:

1) Put the display on Info:Track.
2) Press the bottom button three times to play the whole contents of the unit.
3) On the front panel, hold down the Fast-Forward (right-arrow) button to get the song fast-forwarding.
4) Without releasing the fast-forward button, "accidentally" press and release the bottom button. I did it with the side of the same finger that was doing the fast-forwarding, but you may use another finger if you wish.
5) Now you may release the fast-forward button.
6) Enjoy.

PS: For maximum effect, do it the way I did it: while trying to show off features for a friend.

#32951 - 19/06/2001 13:42 Re: Wife bug [Re: tfabris]
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
You can do this without the remote control
I tried to get this to work for about 5 tries before realising it's only on Mk2's. On the Mk1, Left-Hold & right-hold just raise/lower the volume!

I just thought it'd be cool to see all my track names flash across the screen (If it was track adv instead of FF)

_~= Dearing =~_
"WAY too happy about having #99."

#32952 - 24/06/2001 00:24 Re: Wife bug [Re: jwtadmin]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
This is still alive in 1.03 final

Murray 06000047
I don't think, therefore I am not.