Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#329631 - 01/02/2010 14:13 ID3 Tagging...add year to album title?
jets
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I haven't posted in a long while and still use my empeg in my home smile

I wanted to know if anyone had a mp3 tagging solution for use in a windows environment. The challenge is that I need a program or script that would be able to append the text from the "Year" field along with a preceding space to the end of the "Album title" field. I have a separate mp3 collection for my iPod and need a quick way to do this because I would like to see the year info on my iPod's display since apple blows chunks. This is the only workaround I have come up with for my 160GB unit.

Any help would be great!

PS. I use Tag&Rename for my tagging and there is a long-winded way to do this but involves renaming the files to include the year somewhere and then preforming an action and then naming it back to what it was. The problem is that I don't want rename files since iTunes and other apps 'look' for these files regularly. I want to potentially avoid any file renaming that may throw off the indexing those apps currently have.

#329633 - 01/02/2010 15:02 Re: ID3 Tagging...add year to album title? [Re: jets]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Originally Posted By: jets
I need a program or script that would be able to append the text from the "Year" field along with a preceding space to the end of the "Album title" field.

MP3 Tag Studio will do this with no difficulty.

Use the "Direct tag manipulation" tab, select Advanced Mode. Set rename boxes to <Title> <Year> ---> <Title> and click the Execute button. If you are brave, set the "Include subdirs" box and it will update every MP3 tag in your whole directory tree in a single operation.

tanstaafl.

#329634 - 01/02/2010 15:09 Re: ID3 Tagging...add year to album title? [Re: tanstaafl.]
jets
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Wow. Thanks man. I love this place...