Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#331130 - 19/03/2010 06:38 transferring songs from my empeg back to my computer
nidhal
new poster

Haven't been to these boards in a while. Good to see that they still appear to be active. I'm trying to get some music off my empeg and back onto my computer. I poked around the FAQ and from what I could ascertain it looks like the best way to do this is to install the Hijack kernel. Is that right? In any case, it seems that to install it, one needs to do so via serial port. I still have my serial cable, but my computer doesn't have a serial port. I guess those stopped being standard a while ago. Further poking around brought me toJemplode. I downloaded the Jemplode.jar file, but I'm at a loss as to what I'm supposed to do with it. I would be greatly indebted if someone could point me in the right direction.

Info that might be handy to have in trying to help me: I have a MK2 player with emplode version 2.01. I'm running Windows XP Professional and I have both USB and ethernet connections available to me. Any help you could pass along would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Nidhal

#331133 - 19/03/2010 12:04 Re: transferring songs from my empeg back to my computer [Re: nidhal]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Jemplode requires Java. If double-clicking on the file doesn't do anything, then that (probably) means you don't have Java installed. Go download it, install it, and try again.

#331135 - 19/03/2010 14:33 Re: transferring songs from my empeg back to my computer [Re: nidhal]
Robotic
pooh-bah

Loc: Seattle transplant
Ethernet will allow a much faster transfer speed than USB. If you can get things hooked up, that's the way to go.

#331144 - 19/03/2010 17:48 Re: transferring songs from my empeg back to my computer [Re: nidhal]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You don't need hijack or Jemplode or anything. Just open up Emplode and right-click to download any song or playlist.

There might be other reasons you'd want Hijack and Jemplode, but they are not necessary to copy files from the player to the PC.

More detailed information in the FAQ entries: Can I copy MP3 files back onto my PC from the player? and Is there anything I should keep in mind when I grab files from the player?

#331161 - 20/03/2010 09:54 Re: transferring songs from my empeg back to my computer [Re: tfabris]
nidhal
new poster

Oh, jeez. I had no idea it was that easy. Thanks, guys.