Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#332949 - 14/05/2010 12:07 Problem synching
Ward
new poster

I am very new to the empeg world; I just bought a used car with a Rio installed and am trying to load my own music.
The unit is running version 2.01 and I am using a Mac with jemplode version 70 and trying to synch with an ethernet cable.
I was able to delete all of the previous owner's music and my music seems to load in the player, but when it is trying to do a final reboot during synch the player is idle and the 'rebooting...' msg in jemplode on bottom left is there forever- the player does seem to reboot once, go to sleep and nothing appears in my playlist. I have let the 'rebooting...' msg run for a couple of hours with no effect.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

#332952 - 14/05/2010 12:22 Re: Problem synching [Re: Ward]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Database needs to be rebuilt manually, or possibly by just connecting to emplode and re-syncing there.

The FAQ has lots of info about this, but it is a rather huge document. smile

Perhaps somebody here could help walk you through it after you give it a try first.

#332976 - 14/05/2010 19:29 Re: Problem synching [Re: Ward]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Welcome, Ward!

First question: Is the player set up to automatically obtain an IP address from the network, and have you set up Jemplode to search with the "Network Broadcast" feature? If those two things are mismatched, that might possibly explain why the player isn't being detected from Jemplode after a reboot. (i.e., the player reboots and gets a different DHCP address from what Jemplode is hard-coded to find.)

However that does not explain why the player doesn't seem to have any songs after you're done synching.

Wait a sec...

Just because there's nothing on the player's screen after the synch doesn't mean that the songs didn't reach the player. Here's a question... When you sent the songs to the player, did you put them in any playlists? (And by playlists, I mean actual user-created playlists, not the section of the screen that says Artists/Albums/etc.) Did you try to select those playlists from the player's main menu? Both of those things are required before the player will start playing songs. Check that first.

When you run Jemplode on the player a second time, do the songs seem to be there in the player (as far as Jemplode's screen is concerned)?

If all of the above still doesn't result in success for you, then the next steps are going to be tricky because they require something your Mac doesn't have: A serial port. The easiest thing is to just go to a friend's house who's got a PC with a serial port and do this there.

Basically we want to make sure that the databases were correctly rebuilt when you synched. First, let's get a basic diagnostic log and have you post it here.

Then we might need to do some fixes that require the database gets rebuilt by hand. The instructions for those kinds of situations are here and here. Good luck!

#332989 - 15/05/2010 00:10 Re: Problem synching [Re: tfabris]
Ward
new poster

Thanks very much for the help. I took the player to work, synched with emplode, and now it seems to work ok with jEmplode.
I'm impressed with the knowledge and helpfulness around here-cheers!

#333005 - 15/05/2010 15:19 Re: Problem synching [Re: Ward]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Glad you got it sorted! Let us know how you're enjoying the player.