Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#338453 - 22/10/2010 03:11 Ottawa Hotels?
Heather
addict

Loc: NY
Anyone have any recommendations? The Arc and the Chateau Laurier are booked for Monday and Tuesday night, and everything in the vicinity of Scotiabank Place looks kinda depressing. I will have a car. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by wfaulk (22/10/2010 16:14)
Edit Reason: misspelling driving me batty

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony

#338462 - 22/10/2010 10:54 Re: Ottowa Hotels? [Re: Heather]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Anything downtown with suites in the name will be good and fun. Eg, this one is particularly well placed.

Are you coming here for biz? And where is the biz taking place?

Scotiabank Place is the nom du jour of the local NHL rink, out in the boonies. If you have business near there, then the Holiday Inn Express in Kanata (at Kanata/Castlefrank Ave & HWY 417) is the newest digs.. Nothing much to do other than shop out that way, though.

Cheers
-ml

Edited by mlord (22/10/2010 10:58)

#338477 - 22/10/2010 13:42 Re: Ottowa Hotels? [Re: mlord]
Heather
addict

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: mlord
Anything downtown with suites in the name will be good and fun. Eg, this one is particularly well placed.

And from the looks of it, a lot of them are booked solid. What's going on up there?

Are you coming here for biz? And where is the biz taking place?

Going up as a result of one of the grown man playdates I set up for the other half. Will be spending some time at Scotia Bank place, as well as the airport. Everything else will involve following around the guy who works up there.

Scotiabank Place is the nom du jour of the local NHL rink, out in the boonies. If you have business near there, then the Holiday Inn Express in Kanata (at Kanata/Castlefrank Ave & HWY 417) is the newest digs.. Nothing much to do other than shop out that way, though.

I know what it is, can't watch as much hockey as I do without picking that one up ;p Just not used to the arena in the boondocks concept. The map was leading me to think that way.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony

#338484 - 22/10/2010 15:36 Re: Ottowa Hotels? [Re: mlord]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
Scotiabank Place is the nom du jour of the local NHL rink,
It was the Corel Center, when I lived there. How many names has it been through since then?

#338494 - 22/10/2010 20:03 Re: Ottowa Hotels? [Re: Heather]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Originally Posted By: Heather
Just not used to the arena in the boondocks concept. The map was leading me to think that way.

Well, the nice thing is that Ottawa is a compact city, so even out the in boonies is still just 15 minutes from the city centre.

That Holiday Inn Express out there is nice and new, if nothing downtown works out. If you find a hotel with space and want me to check it out, just PM here.

Cheers

#338505 - 22/10/2010 23:45 Re: Ottowa Hotels? [Re: Heather]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Originally Posted By: Heather
from the looks of it, a lot of them are booked solid. What's going on up there?

Municipal and schoolboard elections on Monday.. so perhaps out-of-town bigwigs and strategists, plus campaign suites, etc..

Ottawa takes its politics somewhat too seriously at times. Like D.C.

Cheers