Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#348186 - 20/10/2011 09:00 FS: Empeg Mk2a 60GB with lots of extras
snoopstah
enthusiast

Loc: Squamish, BC
Hi all,

I am emigrating from the UK to Canada in a few weeks, and my trusty empeg is one of the things I can't decide to keep or not -- it's served me well for many many years, but I doubt I'll be in a position to put it in another car for a while.

I'm really not sure what it's worth, so I'm open to offers. I'd like to think I'd get around £200 for it, but I may well be kidding myself! If it's significantly less than that though, I'll probably keep it for nostaligic reasons.

Details:

* empeg Mk2a 10GB, upgraded to 60GB (single drive). Originally a Canadian unit (I bought it off Mark Lord), purchased a couple of weeks after the firesale (which I just missed out on).
- Illuminated button kit.
- Replaced rotary encoder (original was skipping).
* Genuine US/Canada power supply unit.
* Aftermarket (correct-spec) UK power supply unit.
* PCATS tuner module.
* Two car sleds, one with harness, one without.
* Two home harnesses (idea was to fit one to the spare sled and make a home dock, but I never got around to it).
* Two remote controls (some minor marking and paint loss on corners)
* Amber buttons (for use with illuminated button kit) and original opaque grey buttons.
* Clear, smoke, blue and red lenses, plus blue, red and green lens gels.
* USB cable, USB->Serial adaptor
* Instruction manual (no CD)
* Original box(!)

All in working condition, sleds have had the locking tabs bent back and forth quite a few times, but all still present and correct, and could probably do with a clean. Empeg in very good condition considering age, usual minor markings to metal case from repeated insertion/removal from sled.

I will ship to most parts of the world on receipt of *cleared* funds, any customs charges will be the responsibility of the buyer.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer!

Edited by snoopstah (20/10/2011 11:34)
Empeg Mk2a 128G with amber lit buttons kit - #30102490

PhotoVancouver | Squamish, BC Webcam | Personal Website

#348616 - 30/10/2011 19:39 Re: FS: Empeg Mk2a 60GB with lots of extras [Re: snoopstah]
bauble
journeyman

Have you still got these items available? I'm debating getting a second RioCar and the price seems reasonable.

#348618 - 30/10/2011 20:24 Re: FS: Empeg Mk2a 60GB with lots of extras [Re: bauble]
snoopstah
enthusiast

Loc: Squamish, BC
Yup, still available at present smile
Empeg Mk2a 128G with amber lit buttons kit - #30102490

PhotoVancouver | Squamish, BC Webcam | Personal Website

#349148 - 18/11/2011 15:57 Re: FS: Empeg Mk2a 60GB with lots of extras [Re: snoopstah]
LincolnLSQ
new poster

Originally Posted By: snoopstah
Yup, still available at present smile

Sent you an email grin