Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#361650 - 12/05/2014 13:55 Re: Need help troubleshooting Bluetooth A2DP delay problem. [Re: rubennyc]
rubennyc

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Matt,

What kind of phone do you have? The reason I ask is I had more AVRCP problems with my old Galaxy S2 than I do now with my S4. It's generally worse when there are other heavy duty apps running in the background or if one of my kids is playing a game on the phone at the same time. Other than that, AVCRP with the native controls in my Honda OEM head unit works 90% of the time. This also seems to vary by app, e.g. Google Play Music doesn't recognize Pause but Rocket Player does.

FYI, no reply from Honda, yet. Calling them now for an update.

#361662 - 12/05/2014 18:23 Re: Need help troubleshooting Bluetooth A2DP delay problem. [Re: rubennyc]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Originally Posted By: Archeon
Matt, Thank you, thank you, thank you for bringing this device to my attention.

You're welcome! I like mine despite these issues. The one other issue is that you might need a ground loop isolator if you experience a hum. I had a pretty bad hum but picked up one of these and cleared that up.

Originally Posted By: rubennyc
What kind of phone do you have?

I have a Nexus 5. I've had bluetooth issues with every phone I've ever owned (and every bluetooth device I've ever owned - have I mentioned I hate bluetooth?).

Quote:
This also seems to vary by app, e.g. Google Play Music doesn't recognize Pause but Rocket Player does.

I can see this varying from app to app, but I've had mostly the same experience with every app. I do tend to listen to podcasts in the car about 95% of the time, though.

At one point I even set up Tasker to open my podcatcher app when it saw my bluetooth adapter, figuring that this would bring the app to the foreground and force it to listen to any incoming bluetooth control signals. Well, the Tasker aspect of it works, but it hasn't made any difference in the reliability of the bluetooth controls.

#361665 - 12/05/2014 19:18 Re: Need help troubleshooting Bluetooth A2DP delay problem. [Re: rubennyc]
rubennyc

Hmmm, how about a new app? I use Rocket Player: It supports Podcasts, supports Pause via AVRCP, and always picks up where I left off.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrtstudio.AnotherMusicPlayer

On the downside, you have to pay extra to get gapless playback for music.

Edited by rubennyc (12/05/2014 19:21)

#361668 - 13/05/2014 02:16 Re: Need help troubleshooting Bluetooth A2DP delay problem. [Re: rubennyc]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Yeah, that app does not appeal.

The issue isn't related to the app. The app supports bluetooth controls (it's right in the settings). The issue is with Android. I've had it happen with the Google Play Music app.

#361675 - 13/05/2014 11:47 Re: Need help troubleshooting Bluetooth A2DP delay problem. [Re: rubennyc]
rubennyc

Sorry, man. Hope it's something that can be fixed.

#361682 - 13/05/2014 21:23 Re: Need help troubleshooting Bluetooth A2DP delay problem. [Re: rubennyc]
rubennyc

FYI, I checked in with Honda on this. Unfortunately, I'm being told there is no way to get any kind of status update or even have a dialog going with them to help fix the bug. They basically said the only status update I can hope to get will when and if a firmware update comes out that fixes it.

I appreciate all the help and support on this one.

Just for kicks, I'm attaching what I think is a pretty clear illustration of the problem. smile

Attachments
The Honda Bluetooth Problem In a Nutshell.png

Edited by rubennyc (13/05/2014 21:45)

#361710 - 17/05/2014 23:41 Re: Need help troubleshooting Bluetooth A2DP delay problem. [Re: rubennyc]
rubennyc

No major updates. Only that a family member has a brand new 2014 Acura MDX with Nav, hard-drive, and the high end AcuraLink feature. And it too has the 3 second delay. Took a trace and it matches up nicely with my Honda. I sent that trace to Honda along with a trace from a 2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid that has no delay.

#363263 - 07/01/2015 19:18 Re: Need help troubleshooting Bluetooth A2DP delay problem. [Re: rubennyc]
rubennyc

In case anyone is still following this: Latest update from Honda is that the software engineers at Visteon are looking over the data I sent. (Visteon bought Johnson Controls's car electronics division last year.)

I remain cautiously hopeful this will get fixed before my lease ends 23 months from now. wink

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2