Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#363909 - 27/04/2015 02:40 Wow
jets
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I still love the idea of the empeg. I have not used one since around 2006. I had it and a lot of other stuff in a junk pile and my wife almost convinced me to pitch it all! It's still in the pelican case I made to hold it too LOL! I still have the original box and even a home dock Mark made years ago. I had installed the smoked buttons and retrofitted an Alpine volume knob on it with that dark tinted lens. Memories!!!

I went nuts back then and bought a bunch of Darkstorm Lenses and Gels I still have in the envelope they arrived in as well. Medium Bastard Amber; I almost pissed myself tonight =)

I tried to fire it up but got the HDD failure message. I bet the hijack version is 250ish! I wish there was someone local who could help set it all up again - the thought of figuring all of this out again freaks me out shocked

Good to see the board still going.

#363911 - 27/04/2015 12:40 Re: Wow [Re: jets]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Originally Posted By: jets
I have not used one since around 2006. [...snip...]I tried to fire it up but got the HDD failure message.
There is a fair chance that you can fix this easily and quickly. It is likely that after sitting for eight or nine years the read/write heads are sticking. Tapping the empeg not too gently (but don't get carried away and slam it!) on a hard surface may release them and put you back in business. Failing that, open the case and re-seat the drive cables.

If it needs more than that, you are beyond my pay grade, but there are still plenty of people here who can offer better and more detailed advice.

tanstaafl.

#363912 - 27/04/2015 16:45 Re: Wow [Re: jets]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
Originally Posted By: jets
I wish there was someone local who could help set it all up again

If profiles are to be believed, and you are in Toronto, there are a couple of other owners in the area, particularly K447 and hybrid8 (though I haven't seen him post in quite some time). mlord isn't quite as local, but has been known to make trips to Toronto in the past. I can't volunteer any of their time, however.

#363915 - 28/04/2015 02:43 Re: Wow [Re: jets]
jets
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Yes yes I am in the Toronto area.I will try the love tap method and see what happens LOL