Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#364339 - 02/07/2015 02:38 Re building empeg harddrives
nicholas
new poster

Alright guys I'm not even sure I'm posting this in the right thread but i figured this was, I bought an empeg last year with 2 80gig hard drives, and little while ago my power went out when I was syncing new music and the hard drives got corrupted. I'm posting because I don't know how to rebuild the hard drives correctly. thank you very much for an help or links or anything really.

I know this makes me look really ignorant but I just really want to use my baby again. thank you again!

-Nicholas

#364341 - 02/07/2015 04:39 Re: Re building empeg harddrives [Re: nicholas]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Losing power while synching new music shouldn't fully corrupt the hard drives. The worst it should do is to corrupt the database and put you in this situation.

However, we all know there's sometimes a big distance between "should" and "did", so if your hard disks really did get corrupted, then there are other repair steps we can take, depending on the nature of the corruption.

Can you, in more detail, describe exactly what happens to the player now? If it's just the long "building music databases" thing at the link above, then all is well and that link contains your repair procedure.

If it's something worse, give us more details about what's going wrong and we can work from there.

#364342 - 02/07/2015 04:44 Re: Re building empeg harddrives [Re: tfabris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Hm. Rereading my own FAQ, a power loss during a synch can put you in the e2fsck situation, which is worse that the "building music databases" situation but still not a complete disaster.

Giving us all the details about the current symptoms will help point us to the correct repair procedure.