Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#366845 - 03/06/2016 19:28 Chrome - How to disable drag and drop in the text editor.
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I'm sure I had located this answer before but now I can't find it. Searches here on this board aren't yielding an answer, even though I seem to recall that it was here where I last asked this question. Google searches are only returning results about how to code your web page in Javascript to prevent drag and drop, which is not what I'm looking for.

I mean, when I'm here in this edit box typing this message in the Chrome browser, there is a feature where I can use the mouse to select text, then, drag that selection someplace else in the text. Drag and drop text editing. This is a feature you can turn off in most work processors. Does anyone know how to turn off this feature in Chrome?

Note: I looked in Chrome//Settings and Chrome//Flags but couldn't find a relevant setting. There are two settings related to dragging, and they are both for the touch/tablet features of Chrome, not for basic mouse editing.

#366848 - 04/06/2016 09:25 Re: Chrome - How to disable drag and drop in the text editor. [Re: tfabris]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Use greasemonkey (or whatever) to add ondragstart="return false" to the textarea element.