Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#371168 - 01/08/2018 02:27 How to make Firefox quit asking me to save passwords
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
The latest iteration of Firefox keeps asking me if I want Firefox to save the password every time I open a password protected site.

I have my own password management program (LastPass) and am getting tired of having to tell Firefox "Never Save" each time it comes up. I have looked through Firefox settings and preferences, cannot find how to turn this "feature" off.

Any ideas?

tanstaafl.

#371169 - 01/08/2018 10:47 Re: How to make Firefox quit asking me to save passwords [Re: tanstaafl.]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Perhaps look in "about:config" and search there for password and see what settings it offers.

EDIT: Oh, or maybe from the menus under "Settings: Privacy and Security"

See if there is still a checkbox there for "Ask to save logins and passwords for websites".

Edited by mlord (01/08/2018 10:49)

#371170 - 01/08/2018 14:07 Re: How to make Firefox quit asking me to save passwords [Re: mlord]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Originally Posted By: mlord
"Settings: Privacy and Security"

That got it. Thanks.

Now I get to try and track down why my LastPass logs out every time I close my browser. I spent hours on this a few months ago before giving up. Then, when I had to nuke and repave my system drive and reinstall everything, LastPass worked properly, only logging itself out after 48 hours of non-use as I requested.

Yesterday it began the old problem again.

Sigh... I spent enough time learning its non-intuitive interface that I am reluctant to change, but now maybe it's time.

tanstaafl.