Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#373248 - 26/03/2021 20:53 Calibre eBook Management Program
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Due to operating system corruption, I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer, which of course means reinstalling all of my software. I now have the latest 64-bit version of Calibre (5.14.0) and it seems to be working OK, it has found my library (6275 books), the metadata is intact, etc.

However, a feature I use a lot is missing from the Search function. That feature is when I type in a search term, the search automatically activates three seconds after I stop typing. At least, it used to do that. I cannot find any setting in Preferences or anywhere else that controls that.

Am I missing something?

tanstaafl.

#373250 - 27/03/2021 16:19 Re: Calibre eBook Management Program [Re: tanstaafl.]
sn00p
addict

Loc: South London
It's an awful program. I can't believe that one of the devs hasn't updated the GUI so that it doesn't look like a Windows 3.1 Borland application.

I can't help specifically with that issue, but I use calibreweb running on my server in a docker container just so I don't have to deal with calibre, I don't know if it's compatible with your usage case, but it handles searching and whatnot and looks a hell of a lot better.