Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#40950 - 09/10/2001 13:03 Re-seed Visuals with Rio Remote
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
I don't know if was an intended feature of the player's response to the source buttons on the Kenwood Remote, but when you choose the MP3 source when it's already selected, it has the nice side-effect of re-seeding the current visual. From what I can tell, there is no such function on the Rio remote, even though there are buttons that, so far, do nothing in music-playing mode (like "Select Mode"). Would it be possible to allow this "feature" in a future release?
When there's no tuner attached, the Tuner button does this, but there's a brief pause in the music (I can only guess it's looking for the tuner module). A small bug is that if the track is paused when you hit the tuner button, it un-pauses and re-seeds the visual.
Sure, Re-seeding the visual is trivial, but I HATE those visuals that leave trails. If I want to see trails, I'll do it without software.
Jason

_~= Dearing =~_
"WAY too happy about having #99."

#40951 - 10/10/2001 16:15 Re: Re-seed Visuals with Rio Remote [Re: Dearing]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
... but I HATE those visuals that leave trails...

I'll take issue with you on one of the visuals... the Hula Hoops visual seeded with maximum trails is fantastic.

I think that one should be a stand-alone visual called "Comets". How 'bout it, Toby?

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#40952 - 10/10/2001 21:32 Re: Re-seed Visuals with Rio Remote [Re: tanstaafl.]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
...Is Toby still around?
-mark

This space used in memory of the victims from 09/11/01

#40953 - 11/10/2001 02:57 Re: Re-seed Visuals with Rio Remote [Re: dionysus]
prolux

Loc: Manchester, UK
Yes I'm still around, and although I rarely respond to BBS posts I read every single one with the word visual in it.

You won't get rid of me that easily.

#40954 - 11/10/2001 07:01 Re: Re-seed Visuals with Rio Remote [Re: tanstaafl.]
Dearing
addict

I can't tell a difference in Hula Hoops when it's reseeded. Hula hoops always has hoops that fade out, otherwise I think it would look more like raindrops or something. The only visuals I've seen with the trailing I'd like to be able to turn off, whether by reseeding or with a config change, are ShapeScape(both), SoundFlag, and SoundSamosa.
Toby, can you make the trails configurable? For that matter, is a user-changable visuals list in the cards for 2.x? I'd love to have a config.ini section with just the visuals (by name) listed in the order they would appear on the player. Maybe even with seed options (time, Max threshold, whatever you think is cool). Can you do it? Is it worth doing?

Thanks,
Jason

_~= Dearing =~_

#40955 - 11/10/2001 09:19 Re: Re-seed Visuals with Rio Remote [Re: Dearing]
prolux

Loc: Manchester, UK
Yo Jason,

I'm currently working on the re-seeding with the Rio remote, it will be Select Mode as suggested by Fabris.

I've hard set HulaHoops to have the inverse rms trails and rms zooming as suggested by Fiennes.

I'm currently reviewing the trail usage in ShapeScape & co.

I'm about to implement a 'favourite visuals' feature which will advance through visuals listed in the config.ini file on pressing the 'Visual' button. The entire library will still be available through the visuals menu. If no visuals are listed in the config.ini file all visuals will be cycled. For the moment users will have to edit the config.ini themselves. It's unlikely that the visuals will be programmable via this method for the moment though.

Toby

#40956 - 11/10/2001 09:48 Re: Re-seed Visuals with Rio Remote [Re: prolux]
Dearing
addict

I'm about to implement a 'favourite visuals' feature
Toby, that's AWESOME. So we can expect this shortly after 2.0 comes out?

_~= Dearing =~_

#40957 - 11/10/2001 10:10 Re: Re-seed Visuals with Rio Remote [Re: prolux]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
That is VERY cool! Finally the visuals button will be useful. I'll be looking forward to this one.

[wish list brainstorm mode]

With this in mind... How about for a future version an option to have the favorite visuals switched automatically for each song? Like when the next song comes up, it will pick (in sequence or random) another of your favorites and switch to it. Not sure how tough that one is to implement, but it'd be very cool.

[/wish list brainstorm mode]

-Tony
MkII #554

#40958 - 12/10/2001 01:18 Re: Re-seed Visuals with Rio Remote [Re: prolux]
borislav
addict

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Yes I'm still around, and although I rarely respond to BBS posts I read every single one with the word visual in it.

You won't get rid of me that easily.

What if we all put the word visual in our sigs?

Borislav

#40959 - 23/10/2001 05:04 Re: Re-seed Visuals with Rio Remote [Re: Dearing]
Dearing
addict

After Seeing the visuals from 2.0, I take it all back. The trails from 1.03 don't even compare. For example, the "smoke" that follows the new hula hoops is just plain incredible. I guess you could call it "trails" still, but It reminds me more of Mortal Kombat 3 and up, with the characters that are constantly emitting smoke (like...uhh..Smoke). Even those vis's in 2.0 that still have trails look better because the trails are much closer together and in a faded color so it looks more like persistance of pixels than intentionally rendered trails.

Once again kudos to the whole team, but in this case, especially Toby.

_~= Dearing =~_

#40960 - 23/10/2001 06:14 Re: Re-seed Visuals with Rio Remote [Re: Dearing]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
My personal favorite (of the moment) is having the title appear briefly in the OScope Zoom variation.

Paul G.
SN# 090000587 (96GB Smoke)
SN# 030103046 (10GB Blue - Emergency Spare)

#40961 - 23/10/2001 06:50 Re: Re-seed Visuals with Rio Remote [Re: pgrzelak]
Nosferatu
enthusiast

Loc: France, Champagne
Mine is the Casualty .

It looks like a scope, pace of the Heart.

I like Hula Hoops, Stardust , Tripping Prisoner, Sugar Cube and Hofmann too.

Empeg II - 10 Gb - Red Fascia - 750 Songs -

- I Will Strike From the Grey -