Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#41696 - 15/10/2001 21:01 emarker + empeg = sweet....
omarkhayyam
journeyman

Loc: Chicago
I just had a fantastic idea, unfortunately it's based on two products that aren't being produced anymore. :(

Anyhow, for those who don't know sony used to make a product called the emarker. It was a little key-chain dongle that you pressed everytime you heard a song you like on the radio. Then when you got home, you plugged the dongle into the computer, it would sync with an online database, and give you all the song info (name, artist, etc.). Imagine how cool this would have been for the empeg - you're listening with the tuner, and you hear a song you like but as usual the dj never mentions the song or band name. Fortunately, you just press a button on the remote while the song is playing, and when you go and sync up your empeg with your PC, your computer connects to a database and spits out the song info. Pretty sweet, huh?

Sadly, the emarker is being discontinued, and of course we all know that the empeg is no longer being produced, so there's about an ice cubes chance in hell of this ever happening, but I can dream...

Adam

"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care..."
-office space

#41697 - 16/10/2001 01:07 Re: emarker + empeg = sweet.... [Re: omarkhayyam]
edwin

Loc: Druten, The Netherlands
And without doubt, you are going to feed this online database, yes?!!!

ญญ______________
Edwin de Vaan

#41698 - 16/10/2001 23:52 Re: emarker + empeg = sweet.... [Re: omarkhayyam]
borislav
addict

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Fortunately, you just press a button on the remote while the song is playing, and when you go and sync up your empeg with your PC, your computer connects to a database and spits out the song info.

Who maintains this database? If the database exists, then this should be pretty easy to do, regardless of whether Sony or Rio know how to sell ingenious products or not.

Borislav