Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#42409 - 18/10/2001 09:27 My experience with v2.0b3
teemcbee
addict

Today I installed the v2.0b3 emplode and mk2-image. I installed emplode without uninstalling v1.03.

I had a few problems with syncing the player - I think it happened 2 times that it didn't find the player anymore. I had to exit without sync and redo my chances after a mk2-reboot. One time emplode told me that it can't sync 'cause the player's database is locked. A reboot helped here, too.

I noticed that it didn't remember loudness and the dimmer-setting, the equaliser settings i had stored in the old images were still there but a different setting was chosen and the same thing happened to the tuner-station settings: everything i had stored was still on it's old place but a different setting was chosen than I had before.

What I also noticed was that my stalk (I've got the Peugeot origin stalk device with a converter to sony hooked up to the tuner module) suddenly works - well the stalk device has the following functions:
vol+/- -> this works but vol-changing is a bit slow. any posibility to speed up the vol-change when holding the button?
next/prev song -> works, too. when holding next/prev the next/prev visual is shown - very cool
mode/other ; -> well the mode sometimes works - if it works it marks/unmarks the current track. the other button(don't know what it's called) seems to have no function.

I tried to measure the resistor-values coming directly from the plug of the converter (the 3,5 jack like the sony stalk is) but I didn't get any value. No idea why. Didn't matter which buttons from the stalk device I used - the resistor-value between each of the 3 pins was max.

well - I'm glad the converter and the stalk device now works partially even though I'd be more happy if every button had a function but I don't think someone can help me with this if I can't give some measured values from the converter.

All in all I have to say that the new emplode is very cool and in my opinion the search-feature is what we needed most. It's so easy to complete all tags and reorganise the mp3's. Also the Views Artist, Year, Source are nice - it's pretty easy to complete all ID3 tags and sort the mp3's now... well - what do I tell here... everyone knows and the guys@empeg wouldn't have implemented it if there hadn't been need for it

As I put the Mk2 in the car and started the Mk2 and saw the animated bootup logo I had to laugh. What a nice idea something more to impress friends

TeeMcBee
Mk2, # 080000143, 12+30 GB, Tuner Module

#42410 - 18/10/2001 10:42 Re: My experience with v2.0b3 [Re: teemcbee]
teemcbee
addict

After having a thought about the stalk hookup.. which way could I go to fix the problem? Any chance without resistor-values?

TeeMcBee
Mk2, # 080000143, 12+30 GB, Tuner, Peugeot stalk hookup, V2.0b3

#42411 - 18/10/2001 14:28 Re: My experience with v2.0b3 [Re: teemcbee]
Tim
veteran

Loc: Arizona
I've had the same problems with emplode not being able to detect the player, and the database being locked. After playing with it for awhile, and rebooting both the player and the computer numerous times, I managed to get the player synched. Thats why its called beta .

#42412 - 19/10/2001 01:36 Re: My experience with v2.0b3 [Re: Tim]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
The database remains locked if emplode dies. The player should timeout and release the lock after a while. If you restart the player, it'll release the lock immediately.

If the player dies, emplode will try to use an invalid session cookie, which is what the other message is all about.

-- roger

#42413 - 19/10/2001 04:53 Re: My experience with v2.0b3 [Re: teemcbee]
teemcbee
addict

Another thing i recognized now:
I had the stalk-setting in emplode set to "right side of steering wheel" and saw that when pushing vol+ the volume decreased, when pushing vol- the vol increased, next song gave me the prev. song and the prev. song gave me the next song.
Well - I'm that's the wrong logic of the 3rd party-converter - it seems to mirror the signals.
So I set the stalk-settings to "left side of steering wheel". Now vol+ IS vol+, next song IS next song etc.

And the function that was "mark track" before now is leading me to the menu and the "mark track" funktion is gone.
I'm afraid this info doesn't help anything - just wanted to tell... maybe somewhere out there there's someone having an idea on that..
I'm happy with the stick anyways though some people might say "I've paid $90 for it so i want full functionality" I don't mind too much...

TeeMcBee
Mk2, # 080000143, 12+30 GB, Tuner, Peugeot stalk hookup, V2.0b3