Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#43159 - 22/10/2001 05:43 Display Burn-In Prevention
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
In this thread I proposed that the user be given an option to have timecodes stay on the screen during full-screen visuals and transient info mode. I also suggested a method in which one could avoid screen burn. I wanted to propose this for the wish-list, not just for time codes, but for Now & Next, Track Info screen, and anything that sticks around on the display for a while.

I was thinking that the position of these displays could be shifted one pixel to the left or right occasionally. Maybe when it switches between tracks, or at a certain time interval, etc. One pixel difference isn't that noticable, and if screen burn is as much of a problem as is suggested by others, maybe this is a potential solution?

-Tony
MkII #554

#43160 - 22/10/2001 14:00 Re: Display Burn-In Prevention [Re: tonyc]
ClemsonJeep
enthusiast

Loc: Ashburn, VA
This was posted as a wish-list item over 2 years ago... And also was supposedly supposed to be implemented at one point about 2 years ago as well... Guess it never happened. :)

Anyone feel like searching the BBS for it should look *WAY* back. :)

(O|||||O)

#43161 - 22/10/2001 14:04 Re: Display Burn-In Prevention [Re: ClemsonJeep]
edwin

Loc: Druten, The Netherlands
[silly mode on]
Display Burn-In Prevention?? Uhm, aha! A screensaver!! Beter yet: a screensaver which reacts to the music!! Even beter yet: more screensavers!!
Now wait, it's in there already and it's called VISUALS.
[silly mode off]

ญญ______________
Edwin de Vaan

#43162 - 22/10/2001 14:18 Re: Display Burn-In Prevention [Re: edwin]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Looks like they forgot to disable the silly mode tag in the BBS. :)

I stand by my opinion that moving on-screen elements around a pixel either way would be a good way to prevent burn-in. What say our illustrious programmers?

-Tony
MkII #554