Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#43230 - 22/10/2001 06:21 Tuner intro scan
Wolfram
new poster

Sorry if this was mentioned before:

I used to drive in a car which had a nice feature: The radio had a kind of intro-scan-mode like a cd-player, where each track is played for maybe 5 or 10 seconds and then it skips to the next. This worked for the radio as well, scannig for a good signal, playing it for 10 (?) seconds and then scan for the next good signal. This went on automatically until you pressed the button again, whereafter it stayed on the last signal.
This is a great feature, especially if you aren't devoted to one special station but just want to check what kind of stations there are in the region you are driving.
I imagine it should be possible the realize such a function on the empeg/riocar without too much effort and I would definitely love to have this intro-scan-capability. The intro length should be settable by the user (maybe via emplode) and it should be integrated in the ui so that one can used it without having to look at the display (three times down button or maybe the now unused hold knob).

Any supports/comments?

Wolfram

#43231 - 22/10/2001 06:38 Re: Tuner intro scan [Re: Wolfram]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
Interesting idea, though I don't think it would be that easier to use than pressing 'seek' repeadedly.

However, I don't remember whether the tuner has another feature: to populate its presets (probably just one bank, say C) with strongest local stations. Many car radios have it, and I find it very usefull when finding myself in another city for several days (as I often do).

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos
Zagreb, Croatia
Q#5196, MkII#80000376, 18GB green
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue

#43232 - 22/10/2001 08:47 Re: Tuner intro scan [Re: Wolfram]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
I definitely second that request. I miss that from my old head unit...though i rarely listen to the radio. I drive around the bay area a lot and when i DO listen, i would love to have that feature as i don't have a bank of stations set for ever area in the bay.

|| loren.cox ||