Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#43523 - 23/10/2001 22:33 New Builder Images Up
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Mike has kindly posted the newer version of the disk builder/formatter images at the empeg.com support site.

These are based on the latest code, however they have not been tested. In theory, they should solve problems that some people may have had with drives larger than 30gb, although there is no guarantee.

For those who have 48gb Travelstars, you are welcome to try them out. However, be warned that these might destroy your music. Wait, that's the whole purpose of the disk builders...

#43524 - 24/10/2001 04:15 Re: New Builder Images Up [Re: tfabris]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

Well, I did want to rebuild eventually to do tag (duration) fixing and stress testing... After I get my new drive in place (external 100GB), so I can get the library loaded, cleaned up and ready to sync... Maybe a week or two... Unless I transplant my old drives in the spare unit and use that one for a while... Hmm...

Does this builder work on both the Mark 2 and the 2a? I know there were some problems a while back with the old builder on the 2a...

Untested code? You mean the folks @ empeg don't have the 48GB drives yet??? Sonic Blue isn't paying you enough!!!

Paul G.
SN# 090000587 (96GB Smoke)
SN# 030103046 (10GB Blue - Emergency Spare)