Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#43869 - 26/10/2001 17:03 Help a first timer ...
LTJBukem
enthusiast

Hi all,

Well my RioCar is on its way and i'm looking for some advice from you guys.

I've just upgraded my PC so i've got 40gb to play with. The Riocar will have 20gb.

Given that I don't even know what Emplode does or the really the best way to organize my playlists etc. I'm looking for words of advise from you guys.

They type of thing is 'If I started all over again I would do it like this' advise, so I get the benefit of your experience.

Also, VBR vs 192kb/s which is better. VBR is slightly bigger but I don't think this will be a problem ?

Thanks

LTJ

#43870 - 26/10/2001 17:30 Re: Help a first timer ... [Re: LTJBukem]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
All of these questions are answered in the FAQ at RioCar.org. Please head over there and check it out.

I've been working on that FAQ lately, and it's almost done. I'm quite proud of it. Let me know what you think.

Congratulations on your new toy!

#43871 - 26/10/2001 19:40 Re: Help a first timer ... [Re: LTJBukem]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
They type of thing is 'If I started all over again I would do it like this' advise, so I get the benefit of your experience.

I would spend at least three times more time and effort on getting my tag info absolutely complete and correct, gleaning every bit of information from the liner notes that would fit. At least half (if not more) of the time it took to get a CD into the empeg would be devoted to tagging.

I would sample every track before I ripped/encoded it and decide whether or not I really wanted it in the empeg. I have so much good music that it is silly to put music I am not really fond of in the empeg just because I have it and there's room for it.

tanstaafl.

#43872 - 29/10/2001 01:52 Re: Help a first timer ... [Re: LTJBukem]
LTJBukem
enthusiast

What does JEmplode do ?

LTJ