Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#45735 - 09/11/2001 02:21 Phone mute problem
Wire

Loc: Jylland, Denmark
Hi,

V2.0b3 related phone mute problems:

I'm driving, the phone rings. I've set the player to hush, and so it does. Still talking, I arrive at a customer, and power off the car. The player soft powers off, then completely. Now I end the conversation. Guess what happens? When the player powers up the next time, the normal volume is the hushed volume from the last time.

Also, it seems to me that the player doesn't hush properly if I'm talking on the phone, put the phone in the handsfree cradle, put my empeg in the car and power on the car. It does show the phone mute logo on the player, but doesn't hush the volume.

#45736 - 09/11/2001 11:17 Re: Phone mute problem [Re: Wire]
Wolfram
new poster

Hi,

I noticed a similar problem, right after installing the 2.0b3 player software. The empeg would mute while in tuner mode, but wouldn't in player mode. When in player mode, the mute icon would be displayed but the volume wouldn't be muted. This could be reproduced consistently. I then changed the mute mode to hush (which is a nice feature by the way) and afterwards it always seemed to work. On the other hand, I don't use the car phone too often...

Wolfram

#45737 - 12/11/2001 07:09 Re: Phone mute problem [Re: Wire]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Reported, bug 1345.

#45738 - 05/02/2003 09:34 Re: Phone mute problem [Re: rob]
StigOE
addict

Resurrection of an old bug report....

Has this been fixed or do I have a new one (considering the following...)?

2b13 developer image/Hijack 300. When the phonerings or I make a phonecall, the player mutes and display a telephonesymbol (but it doesn't pause the player, which I think it should...). If I pause the player and end the phonecall, the telephone symbol goes away and player is still paused. So far, so good... When I unpause the player, it is still muted. Not so good.... To get the sound back, I have to make a call and end it, then I get the sound back. I might get the sound back by pulling the player from the sled and insert it again, but I haven't tried. If I unpause the player before I end the phonecall, it works correctly.

So old bug or new bug...?

Stig

#45739 - 05/02/2003 10:43 Re: Phone mute problem [Re: StigOE]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Interesting. Bug 1345 is reported as fixed on or about 2001-11-13, but it only dealt with the hush mechanism, not the pause mechanism. There has been some work done on the pause mechanism in the last couple of releases (and I think possibly more to come before the next 2.0 RC), so perhaps the Cambridge guys will see this and let us know what's going on.