I ordered and received my tuner a little while ago, and just took the time to install it last night. Here are my thoughts.
The total time involved was minimal, about 10 - 15 minutes in my case. The steps that took the most time were removing the docking sled and finding where in the hell my car antena cable went when the original head unit was removed. My sled has no clips bent, it fits very snug in my dash as is.. so I just needed to apply a little elbow grease to slowly ease it out and back in. My antena cable had dropped down my dash but I managed to snake a hand in there and locate it.
Hooking up the cables was very straight forward. I made sure to turn it on and try it all out before I slid the docking sled back in, no point in having to do it all twice! I have learned that lesson before.
Sound quality is great, as good as I expected. I have only one station in my area that supports RDS and its not my favorite by far so I wont get to play with that yet.
Programming the stations took a minute or two of head scratching.. my empeg version Kenwood remote doesn't seem to have this 'search' button on it that the documentation kept referring to. But there is a LOT of help on the riocar.org website here
that got me through it. Now changing stations is a snap.
While I have been without a radio in my car for just over a year now (and I never missed it) it is nice to have one again. I probably will play with this new feature for a while just because its new to me. After an adjustment period I will probably go right back to my MP3 collection and only listen to the traffic reports and to my Dallas Stars hockey games if I am not already in front of my little 19 inch TV.
All in all I am pleased.