Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#46784 - 15/11/2001 08:32 Absurdly short timeout on loudness/fader/etc.
Dylan
addict

Loc: Virginia, USA
In 2.0b3 when pressing the knob to cycle through the settings, the timeout to revert to base state is ridiculously short. It doesn't seem like this would be a bug but I also can't imagine that anyone would want it this short. How are you supposed to actually listen to your chage before it times out? It also makes it very difficult to adjust while driving. (Not that I ever do that, of course :) ).

Am I an idiot? (Don't answer that.) Is this configurable somehow? If not, is it going to change in future releases.

Thanks.

-Dylan

#46785 - 15/11/2001 08:40 Re: Absurdly short timeout on loudness/fader/etc. [Re: Dylan]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Reported as bug 1377.

I think the timeout is OK when flicking through settings without changing them, but after a change has been made a longer timeout would be useful.

Rob

#46786 - 15/11/2001 11:13 Re: Absurdly short timeout on loudness/fader/etc. [Re: rob]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Question: Is the timeout longer if you select them from the Sound menu?

I really liked their short timeouts on the "flick through" menu, I thought that was a feature. If the timeouts are longer when you're in the Sound menu, then I think that it's OK as-is.

Although your idea of increasing the timeout after a change sounds cool.

#46787 - 15/11/2001 12:21 Re: Absurdly short timeout on loudness/fader/etc. [Re: Dylan]
eternalsun
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, CA
I have to agree. I am the sort of type to change a setting, sit back and listen for a few seconds, and then adjust, listen, adjust. But because the slider dissapears so quickly, I have to push push push adjust push push push push ... argh! Very frustrating.

Calvin

#46788 - 16/11/2001 07:47 Re: Absurdly short timeout on loudness/fader/etc. [Re: rob]
Dylan
addict

Loc: Virginia, USA
In reply to:

Reported as bug 1377.

Reported as a bug... does that also mean you agree that it's a bug? I didn't report it because it seemed more like a design choice rather than a bug.

In reply to:

I think the timeout is OK when flicking through settings without changing them, but after a change has been made a longer timeout would be useful

I think that would be ideal. Make it so! :)

-Dylan