Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#46864 - 15/11/2001 23:08 Homebrew hardware projects directory?
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
I am curious if anyone has been keeping their own lists of people's various hardware projects involving the empeg? Be it from making wired-remote adapters, temp sensors, serail controllers, carrying cases, display stands, boxes, etc...

I took a look at riocar.org and didn't see anything dedicated. The links section was a bit small, so I hope those with their own sites forward the info to Tony for inclusion.

If no one else is up for it, I'd like to catalog the efforts of the people with projects under way. Just forward me some info on what you're doing and a link to where you keep information about it (if you do - if not, but you want to, I can supply some space if you need it). I'll post up a the list and hopefully it can also be put on riocar.org.

An idea I have is for a semi-rigid industrial-like sleave to slide the empeg into when you take it out of your car. Similar to some of the rubberized surrounds for mobile phones, scanners and radios used in industry and of course the bright yellow surrounds on the Fluke multimeters. :)

It would provide some protection from banging into things as well as provide a real base for when setting the empeg down for use at home (yours or someone elses) of office. Right now the empeg's front facia obviously dips lower than its metal body -not ideal for the handle's finish.

Of course I don't know a thing about the mould-making process or materials for getting something like this made. :) I can learn fairly easily if anyone has any links to info. Plus any info leading to specific sculpting and modeling concerns/procedures for whatever route of production.

So it doesn't matter what you're working on, let me know if you have the inclination. If you're not working on anything, but have a really good idea you want to share, let me know as well and maybe I can keep a list of that as well. Then if people are looking for things they might be interested in tackling they have a source list to help them along.

Bruno

#46865 - 16/11/2001 00:55 Re: Homebrew hardware projects directory? [Re: hybrid8]
drakino
carpal tunnel

I took a look at riocar.org and didn't see anything dedicated. The links section was a bit small, so I hope those with their own sites forward the info to Tony for inclusion

Both links and downloads can be entered into the database on riocar.org by any registered user. Once submitted, one of the admins reviews it, and will then approve it. Looking at the links, it looks like Rob went through there recently and added all the ones from the geek site.

Also, any developer interested in adding their info to the site can contact me. The goal of the site is to ensure it is always up to date with no mundane HTML work for the webmaster (me) so that if I abandon the site for a while, it dosen't become stale.

Right now my todo list is as follows:
1. Look into a search for at least the FAQ sections
2. Get user addable galleries hacked in
3. Add user uploads
4. Migrate the backed of the logo site over
5. Get the developer info section cleaned up, and try to add more info

Beyond that, I have some neet features I'd like to add down the road. I won't go into them here, so that noone hounds me for them (Honestly these could be months away, if ever. So I'd rather not discuss something that may never appear.) The biggest motivation would be if the economy picked up again, so I could use the site as a show of my skills to get into the part of the industry I really want in, programming.

Overall I have been happy with the response of the site. Tony has done an excelent job ensuring it's used as a resource, while Rob has added many entertaining and enlightning pictures, much more then I expected in both those regards.

(Sorry about taking the thread into a discussion on the status of riocar.org)