Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#48257 - 28/11/2001 12:55 Backlit serial num pad
bumpi
new poster

I'm thinking about a serial remote for my MK2 like a external num pad for a notebook, because I like much the NumKeys on the Rio Remote like 2(for matching artist) or 4 (for marking tracks). But I don't like the pressure point of the rio remote and I think it will be easier with a firm mounted num pad with which I'm familiar.

Most of the users want to control the empeg with a steering Wheel
Remote but for me it is not that much important to skip tracks or adjust the volume by the remote.
(maybe it's because I got an automatic gear)

I found some serial Num Pad's but they are not illuminated and so I was stimulated by the Discussion of the backlit knobs for the Rio Player.

1. Now my question, will it be easy to connect a Num Pad to the serial input of the empeg and to give the commands from the Pad?
(I've read about some commands could be sent by serial)

2. Has anybody opened a Num Pad and thinks that I could put some LED behind the buttons or did anybody knows where I can get an illuminated serial remote?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english

Helli

#48258 - 28/11/2001 13:57 Re: Backlit serial num pad [Re: bumpi]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
When I first read this, I thought of Matrix Orbital. When I was building my car MP3 player, I was considering their LCDs. I remembered that they have a serial keypad. Unfortunately, it doesn't look backlit.

Interestingly enough, they have a link to another manufacturer on their site that looks like what you want.
http://www.mgrind.com/900keypad.htm