I finally recieved all the components to have my empeg installed into my car the correct way. Previously, I had used it on a few road trips with a power and tape adaptor, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, but much quality was lacking. I went to the shop where it had been installed, and they always make sure the customer hears the work done before paying. I got in the car with the installer, and started the car, and waited for the bootup. Finally it started playing a song the installer picked, and I listened in awe to it. The sound was way better then the previous hookup. I turned up the volume a ways, and listened to the same quality audio comming out of the unit. Even the installer was impressed, and lucially, there was no engine noise going into the system at all. The instaler liked the player, and is looking foreward to the Mark 2, as I promised them I would have them install it.

Overall three things annoyed me with the unit in the car now. First, the sticky volume bug made it's appearance on the way home. Not a big deal, and I hope to see it resolved soon. Next is the radio. I searched for my problem here, and will be pulling out the amplifier for the antenna. I live in an area that the empeg was able to get two bars on a radio station with no antenna, so I have a feeling the amp was responsible. And last, the speaker pop on shutdown. It's not that bad, so I have a feeling the 1k resistor will fix it completly.

And to end on a good note, the empeg is simply amazing. I now have a higher quality standard for in car sound, because the empeg has helped push me to get decent equipment, and when you listen to 6 gb of your own music on a system like this, it's much better then trying to figure why the cost would be worth it listening to rap or techno through someone elses nice stereo system.

I have a feeling I will be tweaking the install for a while, as I now want to get it perfect. And hopefully down the road, I will have GPS working on the unit as well.

My empeg site is:http://24.236.3.131/empeg/