Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#50786 - 21/12/2001 09:09 LIne of bright pixels
rtundo
addict

Loc: Albany, NY
I'm not sure if this is software or hardware, but all of a sudden I have a line of bright pixels near the bottom of the screen. Nothing makes them go away including rebooting, playing with the dimmer settings and changing screens. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a Riocar with 2beta3 software.

Bob

#50787 - 22/12/2001 18:41 Re: LIne of bright pixels [Re: rtundo]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi Bob.

I wonder why you did receive no reply yet, so I'm trying to fill that gap.

The problem you describe sounds like a hardware issue to me. If it were software, it would have to be in the very low level kernel driver, which sounds almost impossible to me (as you are the first one to report this kind of problem). Also, the fact that it occured all of a sudden contributes to that conclusion.

Contact [email protected] to check with the real hardware guys.

cu,
sven

#50788 - 23/12/2001 04:47 Re: LIne of bright pixels [Re: smu]
rtundo
addict

Sven,

Thanks for the reply. I'll contact support as you suggest. I think I agree that it's hardware. I tried reloading 1.03 but the lights are still always on. I'm not familiar with how these screens are pixelated but it's I noticed that only every fourth or fifth pixel is very bright and does not lighten even if that pixel is required . Very strange. If I can get a digital camera I'll post a picture.

Bob

#50789 - 26/12/2001 16:19 Re: LIne of bright pixels [Re: rtundo]
rmitz

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
FWIW, I've noticed similar glitches on my display. For one column of pixels on the right, when there's activity on the left side, the pixels are activated at a lowish level anyway. I don't find it that annoying, though I'll probably use the new unit I ordered.

#50790 - 02/01/2002 13:41 Re: LIne of bright pixels [Re: rtundo]
rtundo
addict

Update:

According to David appears to be a hardware problem so the unit was sent in for repairs. My backup player is going to come in handy.