Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#53171 - 01/01/2002 05:29 CD Changer
zanthos
new poster

Loc: Switzerland
Hi all

I just found a page that describes a lot of player protocols.
I think most of all a Blaupunkt or Kenwood player is easy to conecct to the riocar, since it seems to use some standard serial connection.
Everything that's needed is some software to control the player...
Is there anybody that could write this one for the EMPEG?
Ath the moment I have a Blaupunkt changer that I would like to connect..

You can find the information here: http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~harn/mp3_cdc.htm

#53172 - 01/01/2002 11:48 Re: CD Changer [Re: zanthos]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
It's possible someone will want to do this, but there are a few things working against you. The main problem is that the Empeg, for most people, replaces the need for a CD changer. Some people still like to have some CD's on hand, and not everyone who has a CD changer immediately sells it when they get an Empeg. But the problem is that although someone's got the specs for Blaupunkt's interface, there are dozens of other interfaces to CD changers out there. Since there's no standard, and the Empeg is such a small market product, there isn't a very wide audience for any particular type of CD changer. If there was a universal spec, there might be more motivation for someone to write it. But I would say a majority of the people who buy an Empeg end up selling their CD changer... What's the point in having it when you have all your music instantly at your fingertips?