Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#53600 - 02/01/2002 13:53 Hijack bug/feature?
Sheetzam

Loc: Annandale, VA
I've installed the latest (as of 12/28/01) version of the hijack kernel, and I think I have discoverd a bug.
I've been experimenting with the high temperature warning, trying to get it set as low as possible under normal circumstances. Recently it went off coinciding with a button lockout bug (not sure where the link is in the BBS, but I've seen it.) Anyway, the short of it is, if you plug the player in when it is overheated, the overheat warning beep will blast through your sound system at full volume, which can be quite an HLE (hearing loss event). It reverts to normal volume once the player software is done starting.
I assume this is because the mixer volume is set to max by default, and is set at the appropriate level by the player software once it's done starting.

Anyway, just thought I would warn everyone, hopefully preventing some rining ears, and maybe let Mlord know about this.

#53601 - 04/01/2002 20:34 Re: Hijack bug/feature? [Re: Sheetzam]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Mmm.. that's odd. I had a followup article here a few days ago, and it's not here any more..

Anyway, to recap, this has been "fixed" in the newer versions of Hijack, by preventing the alarm from going off within 10 seconds of booting. By then, the player software should be running, and any touch of a button will also pause the alarm.

Cheers

#53602 - 04/01/2002 20:54 Re: Hijack bug/feature? [Re: mlord]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
You'd think so, wouldn't you? I found the same thing strange so I checked. It was the same message in the programming forum.

Bruno