Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#53970 - 02/01/2002 20:38 And there was MUCH rejoicing!
jloew
journeyman

Loc: SF Bay Area
I can't believe it! I actually got one!!! I've been reading the sad posts since I ordered on 12/26 and just now thought I'd better give up hope. Then I checked SonicBlue again at 7:15pm and it said "Complete" with a FedEx tracking number. It had completed only 10 minutes earlier!

I am very bummed for everyone who didn't get one. I too have been watching and waiting for about a year. I was saddened by the economic forces that caused it to be end of lifed, but I understand the reality.

I suspect the forces that caused digital music and this player will continue in some fashion - how can they not? But I now consider myself among the lucky ranks of empeg owners! YEAH!

-Joe

#53971 - 02/01/2002 20:47 Re: And there was MUCH rejoicing! [Re: jloew]
svferris
addict

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Woohoo! Ditto on the rejoicing. I ordered a 60GB on the 27th, even though it said they were out of stock. Lo and behold, I get a tracking number tonight.

Hopefully, I'll get my 60GB, and not a Rio Volt.

#53972 - 02/01/2002 21:02 Re: And there was MUCH rejoicing! [Re: jloew]
skritch
journeyman

Loc: San Jose, CA
...and much bleeding, too.

This morning, FedEx delivered my new amp, speakers, amp install kit, and various other bits and bobs I need to install my Empeg. I spent all day (ok, 1100-1700) ripping out and subsequently reassembling the interior of my 1998 Jetta GL. I'm not quite done (the amp still has to be mounted and wires connected, and I still have to install my rear speakers), but all the wires have been run, and the sled is now sitting where it belongs: in my dash (whether or not it's actually flush is another matter that I may have to sort out tomorrow).

Either way, by tomorrow afternoon (knock on formica) I should have a fully-working install (I ordered one 10GB before the price drop, and another the day of the price drop. I've had both since last Friday. I've requested the price difference, and my wife is now the proud owner of one of the units).

My hands are cut and bloody (this was my first attempt at installing an amp, ever), but now that things are re-assembled, it's impossible to tell it was ever in pieces in my garage. Except for the three spare screws I seem to have.

Assuming I get everything working and I'm not out finding excuses to drive around, I'll post some pictures to the Installation forum tomorrow or Friday.
#2529 [blue]Mk2a 10GB + Tuner[/blue] Original reg #3422 http://www.bitshift.org

#53973 - 03/01/2002 08:26 Re: And there was MUCH rejoicing! [Re: jloew]
dmob
journeyman

Loc: Boston
I placed my order for a 10GB on December 26th. The inventory said it was out of stock. I just received my shipping comfirmation on 01/03. It's on it's way so have faith if you saw 'out of stock' on the 26th!!

#53974 - 03/01/2002 11:44 Re: And there was MUCH rejoicing! [Re: jloew]
Ruffles

Loc: Seattle, WA
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I placed an order on 12/22 and got the tracking number but when the package arrived, it had the tuner, screen kit but NO PLAYER. I talked to SB yesterday and they insist that they one for me laying around somewhere. Well see...