Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#55855 - 06/01/2002 23:10 delays, and pauses... ramp up volume on startup...
CHiP
enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I’m not sure if these are already mentioned, but i just wanted to make a quick note of them here.

When my car is started, the empeg ramps up the volume. i love this feature. But i think it should be more dramatic. There should be a way to set this. Because sometimes it comes on too fast, and my amps click on just as the volume is 100% so i don't get the full effect.

Also, when pressing the rotary knob, the menus in there should stick around a little longer, it’s hard to pick the right amount of Loudness when it goes away too fast.

Also, I noticed that after 5 seconds of play, the player marks the track as “played”. My thought is that the timing should be longer, like 30 seconds. Because it takes me longer then 5 seconds to decide if I want to listen to this track or not. Now maybe the “skipped” feature kicks in after a longer period of time. So if I listen to 10 seconds of the song, then skip it, it will be marked as played, and skipped over. But if I just listen to 2 seconds, it will not add a value to played or skipped. Do I have to listen to 100% of the track for the “skipped” value to stay where it was when I first played the track? Sometimes I like to skip past the last few seconds of a track, esp if there is some blank or a very long fade out. I guess it would help if I knew more about where in the track these values are being marked at…. The “played” and “skipped” values. “last played” is kind of obvious, but maybe there is some formula to that too, like resister only if the song plays for 5 or more seconds. ??? I hope this makes sense. I can further explain if anyone needs.

oh, also, the pause icon sometimes sticks around, even when the player is playing. And also, sometimes, the wrong name of the track shows up on the bottom of the Seek tool info menu. i'm not sure exactly what i'm doing to get this bug, but i just noticed them this weekend. i can give more details on them if anyone needs to know. I just wanted to create a quick post about it tonight.

#55856 - 07/01/2002 05:33 Re: delays, and pauses... ramp up volume on startup... [Re: CHiP]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
When my car is started, the empeg ramps up the volume. i love this feature. But i think it should be more dramatic. There should be a way to set this. Because sometimes it comes on too fast, and my amps click on just as the volume is 100% so i don't get the full effect.

This has been discussed, I don't know where it's at currently. the empeg team implemented it so that it would ramp up from a cold boot. the discussion was that it should always ramp up. ie. out of pause, out of standby, etc.

Also, when pressing the rotary knob, the menus in there should stick around a little longer, it’s hard to pick the right amount of Loudness when it goes away too fast.

Fixed in 2.0b7 i believe

Also, I noticed that after 5 seconds of play, the player marks the track as “played”. My thought is that the timing should be longer, like 30 seconds....

in 2.0b7 this has changed. I think it now marks played at the end of the track

oh, also, the pause icon sometimes sticks around, even when the player is playing.

known bug. it does this in many cases

And also, sometimes, the wrong name of the track shows up on the bottom of the Seek tool info menu. i'm not sure exactly what i'm doing to get this bug, but i just noticed them this weekend. i can give more details on them if anyone needs to know. I just wanted to create a quick post about it tonight.

I noticed that too but havent given it a real test yet

#55857 - 08/01/2002 18:09 Re: delays, and pauses... ramp up volume on startup... [Re: muzza]
CHiP
enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey, USA
"This has been discussed, I don't know where it's at currently. the empeg team implemented it so that it would ramp up from a cold boot. the discussion was that it should always ramp up. ie. out of pause, out of standby, etc. "

Yes, i think it should ramp up all the time, but when ramping up from cold boot, or warm boot (warm boot = when i turn my car off, but the player is still in standby then start up the car.) should be longer, and maybe a ramp up from pause be
quick. It would be cool to adjust this.

"Fixed in 2.0b7 i believe "
Yes, however, when i press the button 2 times for loudness (in 2.0b7) the loudness goes away very quick, but when i adjust the loudness, it sticks around much longer waiting for me to decide if i want to keep adjusting.

" in 2.0b7 this has changed. I think it now marks played at the end of the track "
I don't think this has been fixed because i upgraded from 1.03 to 2.0b7. It would be nice if i could tell how the database is being effected using last played, last skipped, etc.

It looks to me like the played is registering value+1 after only 5 seconds of play. Nothing seems to be working in the "stats" area of the database.