Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#5663 - 01/03/2000 04:23 Extending the MK1's features
Big John

Loc: Hants, UK.
Hi,

Having looked at and completed the interfacing of my audio stick controller to my Empeg. I was looking at other things to bolt-in to add value to it. A couple of things I've implemented, a car phone mute & Empeg menu navigation (Mike is extending the ASCII commands to help me - Ta).

So, any other features that you all can think of before I screw the lid down on the software/hardware again?

BTW. I'll post these projects on my Empeg page when I've implemented & tested them. http://www.bjnet.demon.co.uk/Empeg/Empeg.htm.

Regards,

[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>

#5664 - 01/03/2000 08:55 Re: Extending the MK1's features [Re: Big John]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
So, any other features that you all can think of before I screw the lid down on the software/hardware again?

Yeah... If you haven't implemented it yet...

A "shift" function for the wired control. For instance, if the control has, say, five buttons, that's only five things you can do. But if one of the buttons becomes a "shift", then that makes it eight functions instead of five. This would take a lot of work in the firmware, probably, though, so it's just a suggestion.

Mike is extending the ASCII commands to help me

Too cool. Mike, you da man!

Make sure the developer site gets the new list of ASCII commands. When they're finalized, I intend to write an Empeg remote control panel applet to run under Windows.

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144

#5665 - 01/03/2000 10:11 Re: Extending the MK1's features [Re: tfabris]
Big John

Loc: Hants, UK.
Hi,

In reply to:

Yeah... If you haven't implemented it yet...

A "shift" function for the wired control. For instance, if the control has, say, five buttons, that's only five things you can do. But if one of the buttons becomes a "shift", then that makes it eight functions instead of five. This would take a lot of work in the firmware, probably, though, so it's just a suggestion.

Written a bit as I said, phone mute & menu navigation (not finalised yet).

I agree, but I'm strapped to the existing control in my car that has four movements (only one at a time). I could add more external switches, but that'a require another hand to operate. Ideally, a control that has four axis's and a push in direction (like a modified stalk i.e. head lights flash PULL, indicators UP/DOWN & main beam PUSH + horn IN, but non-latching). I guess someone must make one?

Still, I've worked out a way to control the menu with my four direction stick. Just need the UP & DOWN buttons emulated ASCII commands added to the Empeg. The menu is entered by a waggle of the stick either up,down,up & down or the other way around quickly. Then the Empeg will function via the stick as if it was being controlled via the buttons.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>