Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#56677 - 08/01/2002 18:02 Head Unit Suggestions (Toyota Tundra, Double Din)
ajayrockrock
journeyman

Loc: Riverside, CA
Hey guys, I'm looking for a head unit:

- rear inputs for the rio car (a line-in on the front that plugs into the back of the riocar is no good)
- single-disc CD player + tuner
- around 200 bucks.

Thanks for the help. some guys at the local stereo shops are trying to sell me stuff around 300-400 bucks but that's just too expensive for me right now.

Thanks,
Ajay

#56678 - 08/01/2002 18:47 Re: Head Unit Suggestions (Toyota Tundra, Double Din) [Re: ajayrockrock]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Hey guys, I'm looking for a head unit:

First place I'd look is ebay. I just checked, there are 4,308 CD players for sale (not all of them car players) and nearly 50 of the auctions close within 60 minutes.

A trick I worked out when I was shopping for a digital camera on ebay... don't try and figure out which is the best CD player and then look for it on ebay, there are too many different brands/models, etc. to get a handle on. Instead, sort the search results by end date and just go down the list. Every time you see one that is in your price range, do a google search to find out if it has the capabilities you want. Chances are you'll find something that will make you happy with an auction ending within the next six hours. Place your bid and go to bed. If you lose the auction, do it again the next day. Take your time, spend a week if you need to, and you'll do just great.

tanstaafl.