Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#5753 - 30/07/1999 06:08 Windows Upload Software - Featurette request
PaulH
enthusiast

Loc: England
Well so far I have ripped 4 gig's worth of my CD collection
in preperation for the arrival of my empeg.....

Using AudioCatalyst and the CDDB to fill in the track details
I now have all of these with ID3 tags. However when using
the CDDB on Compilation Cd's it fills the artist in as
Various - Artist Name. Would it be possible to put a feature
in the empeg Windows Upload software to strip these "Various"
tags out just leaving the Artists name?

Regards

Paul

#5754 - 30/07/1999 06:37 Re: Windows Upload Software - Featurette request [Re: PaulH]
0sb0rne
stranger

Yeah... it's called learn to use your software better when you rip your CD's Paul...

Although a lot of it actually depends on who uploaded the info to CDDB in the first place... but from what I've seen the compilations normally have the artist name as part of the track name... in which case just alter your save options in AC to only save the "track" name

- Given two theories.... pick the one that sounds funniest -

#5755 - 03/08/1999 18:38 Re: Windows Upload Software - Featurette request [Re: PaulH]
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
This is what WinAmp, or any other MP3 player that can edit ID tags, is for. It's always good policy to go through your collection and make sure all the tags are correct. It's not the EMPEG unit's problem.

If you bugged a CD Ripper coder for long enough, I'm sure they might build in some feature that allows some form of compilation encoding. But keep in mind the CDDB information is very sparse; seven music styles (as opposed to MP3's oooh I don't know how many) and one track name (rather than track, artist, year, comment) is all CDDB gives you per track. You're always going to have to check the IDs manually because you're always going to get some perversity in the track name.

So play with WinAmp.

Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Feed the mallocs.