Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#5819 - 20/08/1999 00:28 Information Visual
jfranke

I would love to have a visual which is displaying information about the tracks in a more clear way, like big caracters which do display the time, similar to what you see for the frequency in the tuner.

The visuals are nice, but for use while driving, i would prefer easy to read information over jumping cubes and stuff.

Tks, Jo

#5820 - 20/08/1999 01:33 Re: Information Visual [Re: jfranke]
PaulH
enthusiast

Loc: England
I like the visuals but haven't really experienced them
whilst driving yet. When you have the information on
it seems to eat the bottom half of the visual rather
than resize it to fit above.

It would be nice to have the Track details display for
the first X seconds before clearing off and leaving more
room for visuals. Theres too many tracks to be playing
name that tune

#5821 - 20/08/1999 09:54 Re: Information Visual [Re: PaulH]
prolux

Loc: Manchester, UK
The visuals are under constant development - The Beta version is really just a sample of what is to come.

In terms of scalable visuals above the track information display - Once the final format of the track information line is decided, the visuals will scale to fit above this. The algorithms are already in place.

The new version of the visuals display large track information, in fact very large, scrolling, and very funky. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Toby
(Prolux Real Time Visuals)

#5822 - 20/08/1999 15:14 Ditto! [Re: PaulH]
Clarke
journeyman

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ USA
A vote for having the track info displayed at song start and then clearing to show the visuals. If information is set to off, no track or song info is showed at all so I'd put another vote in for showing it at the beginning and then clearing away. Or maybe three options: info, short info, no info.

Cheers,

______________________________________ Queue 351, Mk I, 30GB Mk II #60000022 80gb, Blue - docked Mk2a, 80GB, Bruface, lighted buttons and dial

#5823 - 21/08/1999 08:26 Re: Information Visual [Re: jfranke]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
The plan is to switch between a blank screen, full screen visual, full screen track information (possibly many formats) and the current split visual/information. This is unlikely to make it into the next beta release but watch out for it in later releases.

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)