Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#60222 - 18/01/2002 01:15 Re: How Sonic Blue is DeSTROYING themselves [Re: rockstar]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Honestly, I don't really care what SB does. I think I'm the only one at that. I've had my empeg for a year and a half and I'm happy with it.

I am sorry that there are no more tuners, because I did not have the money for them until I could work during my winter break from school, but I expected that might happen. Now I will wait and see what happens. If another batch gets made, huzzah! If not, oh well.

SB can do whatever they want for all I care.

Hey, Rob! Thanks for everything! I just thought I oughta say that considering the tone of the thread here

#60223 - 18/01/2002 03:13 Re: How Sonic Blue is DeSTROYING themselves [Re: rob]
drakino
carpal tunnel

The HSX109 is a leading edge product which we believe out performs all of the others in that sector.

I still can't believe the HSX-109 didn't get the CES award from TechTV in that category, and the $2000 player did. The reason quoted for the HSX not getting it was "Well, if consumers are going to spend more then $1000 on this type of thing, they might as well go all out". They also seemed to like the fact that the $2000 one could share to other units, aparently they missed the fact that the HSX would share to cheaper RioRecievers...

Of course, this comes from the same company that gave the empeg a horrid review just due to the high price and amp requirement. At least they liked the Rio Riot over the Nomad Jukebox (Their previous favorite, and battery draining device).

#60224 - 18/01/2002 03:24 Re: How Sonic Blue is DeSTROYING themselves [Re: rob]
ask
new poster

Finally, leaving car customers in the dust.. erm, how do you conclude that? Lots of EOL notice was given, existing customers had plenty of time to buy the accessories they needed, software development continues, and support continues. We're working on getting another batch of tuners, and lots of 3rd parties have offered to get involved with that if SONICblue do not.

I couldn't agree more. I'm one of those who kept waiting for the Empeg to fall in price and happily picked one up when they were given away for free. I did it fairly confident that there would be good support for it; if nothing else then from the community. And failing that I knew that the community is large and could pick up for most problems.

Now my biggest worry is that I am getting addicted and not being able to just order a new one I don't know what I would do if my new empeg some day gets stolen (knock on wood). :-)

#60225 - 18/01/2002 07:03 Re: How Sonic Blue is DeSTROYING themselves [Re: ask]
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I totally agree! I can't stand how cool my empeg is: if it were to get stolen or broken, I would probably go insane. Truth is, I only paid $200 for mine, but before the price drop I was trying to save money to buy the $1200 one.

I really, really wish SB had made a go of this product because it is by far the coolest thing I have ever owned.

#60226 - 18/01/2002 10:25 Re: How Sonic Blue is DeSTROYING themselves [Re: rockstar]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Rockstar,

No, no, you've got it all wrong. This is an Unofficial Forum, but it is still a private forum that enjoys a flamefree and virtually unmoderated life. "Venting" may be common at the VWVortex, but it isn't here. That isn't to say that it is "unallowed," just uncalled for. And I don't think anyone objects to you voiceing your opinon. To that you are entitled. I think what people take objection to is the accusations.

I also think that the e-store is frustrating, but SonicBlue isn't really a retailer. They mainly sell products to electronics stores and web sites. I imagine that a very small percentage of their product gets moved through the e-store. But suddenly they clearance price a product that nobody would buy for $800 and suddenly people are giving their first born for it. I also think that except for a few screw-ups (wrong product in the box, etc - which is horrible) everyone that ordered a product that said "in-stock" got it. A few of us even got items that were listed out of stock, and lucky us.

Either way, I hope you get your tuner.

I guess the good of all this is that it gives some people a chance to re-iterate a few things and defend themselves - not that they should have to.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2