Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6044 - 19/09/1999 09:17 Backup of empeg ...
Nils

Loc: Germany
Hi there !
not exactly sure if this is a general question or a wishlist thingy, so i crosspost this :)

After investing *several* days to download stuff to the empeg ( HIERARCHICAL PLAYLISTS NEEDED ), now i ask myself, what if the HD Fails ???

I need the feature to backup the whole empeg unit, or at least the complete title structure as it is.
So will this be possible in future releases of emplode ( Backup/restore whole structure ?!?! ) ?
Another thing -> I want to be able to get mp3's back from the empeg, when i am at a friends place ...

The only other way of backing up, would be to get out the HD and use my i386 Linux to do a backup ...
As i don't want to void my warranty or to cheat the empeg guys, please make it possible soon ...

Any opinions appreciated.

Nils

#6045 - 19/09/1999 09:45 Re: Backup of empeg ... [Re: Nils]
Mark Petersen
journeyman

Loc: Denmark, Kbh Ø
what I have heard is that it will not suport backup, because the donīt want to spend a year i cout like the RIO PLAYER,
and just dont delete your mp3 from your local HD

emaks/python rouls