Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#61162 - 19/01/2002 09:11 Out of Box NO DISPLAY!
jakobstone
journeyman

Loc: Dallas, TX
I just pulled my New Rio car 60 GB player out of the box today and I cannot get a display to come up after plugging it in and loading MP3's I am very frustrated and unhappy, can someone please help me out here. I don't know what to do and the instruction booklet is pretty vague. I have pressed and held all of the buttons down the only thing i get is the flashing blue LED that denotes standby, also when i press a button i can hear the hard drive spinning up but no display!

I am supposed to be getting it installed Monday in my car, and I want to get it fixed before then, in case I need to send it back for another one.

Someone please please please help me!!!

#61163 - 19/01/2002 09:27 Re: Out of Box NO DISPLAY! [Re: jakobstone]
Nosferatu
enthusiast

Loc: France, Champagne
Read the FAQ about how to connect to player vi Terminal to see the log

FAQ Hyperterminal

Maybe it is your IDE CAble ?

#61164 - 19/01/2002 09:30 Re: Out of Box NO DISPLAY! [Re: jakobstone]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Well...

In another post (no real need to post in multiple forums as most people read them all) you said you uploaded music. If you press the down button 3 times after boot you should start playing all music on the player. Do you get any output on the "home" RCAs? As I said in reply to your other post, hooking up Hyperterminal and getting the boot log might be useful. If you have a 2.5 allen key you could remove the fascia (unscrew the four bolts, remove fascia, pull off, the knob straight out and remove the blue panel). Inspect the fill nipple of the glass display - located at the lower right of the display, just by the knob. It's a small glass stub that if broken means the display is dead - so don't go breaking it while inspecting!

As to returning for another unit, I think you'd be better off (and just as quick) contacting the empeg guys in England ([email protected] IIRC). If broken they'll arrange for overnighting it back and forth - US owner have been known to send it off on day one and have it back, fixed,on day three...

/Michael

#61165 - 19/01/2002 09:37 Re: Out of Box NO DISPLAY! [Re: mtempsch]
jakobstone
journeyman

Loc: Dallas, TX
sorry about putting post in different rooms after i put it in general i thought it might go better in the technical, i did put a clearer post in the general room answering all of your questions.

http://empeg.comms.net/php/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=empeg_general&Number=58948&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=

#61166 - 19/01/2002 09:43 Re: Out of Box NO DISPLAY! [Re: jakobstone]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
No worries . Let's continue over in General.

/Michael