Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#62336 - 23/01/2002 15:21 Thinforth's adventures
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
He Is currently here i believe. And may be shipping out soon. I'll keep you updated if I can.

For those who dont know the Australian west coast, there isn't much there except scenery. And a pub or two.

#62337 - 23/01/2002 15:41 Re: Thinforth's adventures [Re: muzza]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
This is Ms_Thinfourth here although i havent managed to get this id to log on for me yet keeps saying invalid password. I blame Paul anyway as he set it up for me.
Anyway you are right he is in the land of Oz sailing towards Japan as we speak.
He will be pleased to know you are thinking about him though

#62338 - 24/01/2002 06:49 Re: Thinforth's adventures [Re: muzza]
frog51
pooh-bah

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Oh no no no...It's the one place in the world I would move to, having been round much of the world in my travels. Fremantle and Perth are just lovely - mellow, warm, laid back...mmm mmm I'm imagining the Bundy & coke right now!

FYI I'm Scottish and live in Edinburgh, so I'm not being patriotic or defensive or anything:)
[Edited addition]
Mind you, if I'd followed muzza's link - I'd have been a lot more accurate:) Up there is pretty empty, and pretty scenic.

(note to self - don't just post without following links. D'oh)

Edited by frog51 (24/01/2002 06:56)
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock

#62339 - 24/01/2002 06:52 Re: Thinforth's adventures [Re: frog51]
frog51
pooh-bah

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Mind you - there may be an element of truth there. A lot of the attraction is scenery and the aforementioned pubs
The wineries, though, are superb.
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock

#62340 - 24/01/2002 07:11 Re: Thinforth's adventures [Re: muzza]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi.

For those who dont know the Australian west coast, there isn't much there except scenery. And a pub or two.

Couldn't you say just that for most of Australian coasts (or even most part of Australia for what its worth)?

cu,
sven

#62341 - 25/01/2002 05:20 Re: Thinforth's adventures [Re: smu]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
I'll admit that 98% of Australia's coastline is 'just scenic'. The populated areas are so tiny compared to the size of the continent. That part of the country is remote even by Oz standards. Probably why they're sending such volatile liquids there. In that area, there would be a band of around a kilometre along the shoreline that would be interesting and then just plains n stuff.
The south west is much nicer and habitable.