Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6482 - 06/01/2000 14:48 Automatic play after put into standby
bmihulka
enthusiast

Loc: Lincoln, NE
Right now I have my empeg hooked up to constant power in my truck and if I run into a store and I don't pull it out I put it into standby. Then when I start my truck it automatically exits standby and goes into a paused mode. I would like it to instead start playback instantly. Any other thoughts on this idea?

-See my empeg <a href="www.hulkster.net/empeg" target="_blank">here</a>-

#6483 - 06/01/2000 14:58 Re: Automatic play after put into standby [Re: bmihulka]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA

You're nuts for leaving it in your truck. :-)

#6484 - 06/01/2000 16:52 Re: Automatic play after put into standby [Re: tfabris]
bmihulka
enthusiast

Loc: Lincoln, NE
Hey I asked my insurance company and they said its covered. And I have no deductable, so maybe I will get that new Mark II ;-)

Really, I only leave it in my truck if I'm running into a store for a few minutes.

-See my empeg <a href="www.hulkster.net/empeg" target="_blank">here</a>-

#6485 - 06/01/2000 17:50 Re: Automatic play after put into standby [Re: bmihulka]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA

Hmm, no deductible, huh? Where do you live, maybe we can work something out? :-)

Just kidding. I've had my stereo stolen twice now, and the Empeg is the replacement for the last one that was stolen. I'm still kind of stinging from it. So I can't imagine someone leaving something as cool as the Empeg in the car unattended.

Good news is, I once had a full-pullout CD player for a while, and during that period, my car never got broken into. So I feel that my car is pretty safe as long as I make sure to remove the Empeg from the dash when I leave it.

As far as your specific question- Have you tried wiring the Empeg to the ignition instead of the constant-power? That way, you wouldn't need to go to the extra trouble of putting it on standby.

#6486 - 06/01/2000 19:06 Re: Automatic play after put into standby [Re: tfabris]
Liufeng

Loc: Alaska
Funny, I leave my empeg in my car all day while I'm at work. The only time i take it
inside is when I'm going to make some changes to the database. Heck I live in
Alaska and it doesn't even mind sitting in there when its -20 f.

Reg_2845 Serial #00173
Reg #2845: Mark 1 #00173, Mark 2 #119, Mark 2a

#6487 - 07/01/2000 05:52 Re: Automatic play after put into standby [Re: bmihulka]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Right now I have my empeg hooked up to constant power in my truck and if I run into a store and I don't pull it out I put it into standby. Then when I start my truck it automatically exits standby and goes into a paused mode. I would like it to instead start playback instantly. Any other thoughts on this idea?

I think you've found a bug. Here's what I think is happening:

You put it in standby which turns off the display but doesn't actually hide what is on it.

You start the truck which causes a dip in the power. The empeg notices this and triggers the powerfail action (which includes turning the display off).

A bit later the empeg realises that the power hasn't really gone away and turns the display back on.

You now have an empeg that thinks it is in standby but the display is actually turned on.

The correct behaviour is for the unit to remain in standby with the display turned off. I'll look into fixing this.

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)