Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#65458 - 01/02/2002 01:17 Monte Montgomery....Music
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
Point 1: A friend had loaned me some Monte Montgomery CDs a while back and, while I thought they were pleasant, I didn't get too excited -- I thought the songwriting was a bit MOR. Well, I just came back from seeing this guitar maniac live and I would like to recommend that you go see him if you get a chance. Much fun.

Point 2: Given that relatively few owners use their Empegs for books on tape or nature sounds, I've always been a little surprised that there isn't a forum for that stuff...."Music"

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.

#65459 - 01/02/2002 01:21 Re: Monte Montgomery....Music [Re: jimhogan]
cwillenbrock
enthusiast

Loc: Dover, NJ
I've always been a little surprised that there isn't a forum for that stuff...."Music"

There is...it's just labelled "Off Topic"

I would imagine they don't want to set aside a forum category called "Music" because it would inevitably lead to people asking to trade files, and that could get ugly. At least that's my guess.

#65460 - 01/02/2002 01:33 Re: Monte Montgomery....Music [Re: cwillenbrock]
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
cwillenbrockbecause it would inevitably lead to people asking to trade files

Good point. I guess that's a risk (an expectation that might be inadverdently raised...) It's just ironic that music is so central to the "Empeg experience" while prolonged discussions about "good tracks" wind up in Empeg Reviews.

Ah, well, it isn't what you'd call the end of the world. Just a little irony...

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.