Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#688 - 15/10/1999 17:48 Fast Forward
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Is it (or will it ever be) possible to fast forward within a musical track? If I want to skip the first five minutes in order to get to "the good stuff" can I do it? If so, how quickly?

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#689 - 16/10/1999 01:57 Re: Fast Forward [Re: tanstaafl.]
Nils

Loc: Germany
Hi !
I asked this myself sometimes until i discovered that it IS already built in, in a way at least ...

Just use the + and - keys on the remote -> voila !!

But sadly it is not available on the empeg unit ...
We have to rethink the usage ...
maybe use left and right buttons for skipping AND rewinding & fastforward when pressed long, using up and down for volume, and if pressed simulteanously going to the menu ...
That would be MY choice ... any supporters ? :)

Nils

#690 - 16/10/1999 19:18 Re: Fast Forward [Re: Nils]
pharf
new poster

Loc: california, usa
Sounds to me like the unit should have a few more buttons. Standard cd-player control buttons would be nice. A button that switched through playlists. Just your standard type of stuff. Maybe a function button that switched what each button did.

But I do realize there isn't a lot of room to work with... never hurts to dream.

Pharf

#691 - 18/10/1999 02:07 Re: Fast Forward [Re: Nils]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
I have to agree this would be far more intuitive button usage. As for menu access, two buttons may or may not work easily. I would really disagree that the unit needs more buttons - more, fiddly, buttons are the reasons for major crashes (the metal sort, not the electronic version)!

I think exactly this button allocation was proposed by one of the correspondents in the install section, although I can't find the thread I'm afraid.

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015