Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#71752 - 14/02/2002 21:46 Looking for a new fascia, please help!
tracerbullet
addict

Loc: Minnesota
You know how you always learn the hard way? Well, I was doing a "paint-the-fascia-to-match-the-dash" mod. It was going to look really good. It is a wrinkle type paint that I sampled and would blend really nicely. Well, to make the wrinkles, you have to apply a little heat. I set the piece next to a halogen lamp to accomplish this. Well, the lamp didn't seem that hot........ So anyhow it's not melted really, warped might be a better word.

To make a long story short (too late), I need another fascia (the ornate plastic plate the screws hold down, not the colored bits underneath it). If there is any source for just the fascia, or if anyone with a custom wooden one still has the old plastic piece around, or any other similar ideas, PLEASE let me know. I might just go buy a 30 to get another plate, but that might be excessive. I can pay for your troubles, just name a price.

I feel like such a bad dad right now, I hurt my baby

#71753 - 14/02/2002 21:54 Re: Looking for a new fascia, please help! [Re: tracerbullet]
jnmunsey

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
Sorry I can't help now, but I sure would like a new fascia that won't block the upper left view of the screen from where I will be installing my unit..

I prefer not to "scooch" the VFD down either.

Too bad there isn't anyone making a correctly design fascia that allows viewing from any reasonable angle...

-John M

#71754 - 14/02/2002 23:59 Re: Looking for a new fascia, please help! [Re: tracerbullet]
mafisto
journeyman

Loc: St. Paul, MN, USA
Ah... ah... ah.. BWAHAHAHAAAA!!! (don't fret, I know tracer)

There are a few users here that have CNC custom fascias. Lovely wooden ones, even an aluminum fascia. Hopefully they will be generous enough to gouge, er, charge you for one.

Now that I think about it, my empeg is in my car because you helped me. Now I feel awful. Someone help the poor chap out.

#71755 - 15/02/2002 05:27 Re: Looking for a new fascia, please help! [Re: mafisto]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

I think I can do that.

Tracer - I have replaced two of my stock fascia with wooden ones. If you are interested in one of the originals, contact me via private message.

#71756 - 15/02/2002 07:31 Re: Looking for a new fascia, please help! [Re: pgrzelak]
tracerbullet
addict

Loc: Minnesota
You have been PM'd. Thanks everyone for reading this, I think I may be taken care of. Whew!

Perhaps I can change my signature again!