Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7225 - 11/09/1999 10:35 Pause between track playback
NasalGoat

Loc: Toronto, ON, Canada
A number of my CDs are continuous ones, with one track seemlessly moving from one track to another. I've noticed that they are no longer seemless - a slight pause of a few milliseconds can be heard between tracks.

I'm not sure if this is my ripping process or a problem with the player, but I thought I'd bring it up.

#7226 - 11/09/1999 12:32 Re: Pause between track playback [Re: NasalGoat]
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
There's a feature in the playlist properties (Advanced) Called "Treat Contents as a single tune". I'm not sure if that's it, but it might be worth a try

_~= Dearing =~_
"WAY too happy about having #99."

#7227 - 13/09/1999 05:46 Re: Pause between track playback [Re: Dearing]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
No, "treat contents as single tune" only applies to playlists (the new properties dialog box will make this clearer).

Some encoders do add silence at the beginning and end of tracks. Due to the way audio is handled on the empeg there _shouldn't_ be a gap between tracks.

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)

#7228 - 13/09/1999 07:23 Re: Pause between track playback [Re: mac]
NasalGoat

Loc: Toronto, ON, Canada
I have the "space between tracks" turned off in Audiocatalyst, and I have the "treat playlist as single tune" checked in emplode, but it still "jumps" a bit. I'll try re-ripping and see what happens.

#7229 - 13/09/1999 09:02 Re: Pause between track playback [Re: mac]
Kram
stranger

Loc: Cambridge, England
What does "treat contents as a single tune" do?

I was hoping it would allow me to lump all tunes in a playlist together so that skipping back and forward would skip over all of the tunes in the playlist as if they were one, so implementing "skip inner playlist" sort of by accident. :)

For newcomers.... "skip inner playlist" is something I keep gently hassling Mike about as it would allow skipping an album at a time if you had a playlist per album with an outer playlist containing many inner playlists. I think this would make it work a lot like a CD changer rather than the current behaviour of having to skip forward N times, one track at a time, until you get to the first track of the next album or "inner playlist".

Cheers,

Mark.

#7230 - 14/09/1999 07:51 Re: Pause between track playback [Re: Kram]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
What does "treat contents as a single tune" do?

I was hoping it would allow me to lump all tunes in a playlist together so that skipping back and forward would skip over all of the tunes in the playlist as if they were one, so implementing "skip inner playlist" sort of by accident. :)

That is what it is supposed to do. It just doesn't do it yet. :-)

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)

#7231 - 12/10/1999 16:33 Re: Pause between track playback [Re: Kram]
CHiP
enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I'd like to see a way to see what playlist you are in. When i get into the car, i forget what i'm listening to.

-CHiP

#7232 - 15/10/1999 07:56 Re: Pause between track playback [Re: mac]
brianosaurus
new poster

OK. So on Abbey Road, there's that medley of 10 songs or whatever at the end.
So if I create a playlist for Abbey Road, then create a playlist underneath that containing that group of songs (ordered where it should be within the Abbey Road
playlist) and set it as a Single Tune (and "Don't Shuffle" if/when that gets added)... Then I choose the empeg-car playlist. The play hops along happily.

When it hits that group, will it play it starting from the beginning, all the way through? That'd be my desired behavior.

As for the general usage of "Treat as a single Tune", perhaps there should be two options... "Play as a single Tune" and "Skip as a single Tune" or something along those lines, so that when the player is adding that playlist to its "current playlist" (or play order, or whatever), it would stick them all in back to back and in order, but I could still skip through the individual bits, or if "Skip as a single" is set, it would jump over the whole thing.

brian

#7233 - 18/10/1999 02:47 Re: Pause between track playback [Re: brianosaurus]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
I have done just this with Abbey Road, and it works perfectly. Brilliant album, and the best display graphic for it is the morphing tube

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015