Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#73329 - 20/02/2002 01:09 Visual rotation/shuffling not persistent
WirelessOne
new poster

Loc: Sugar Land, TX, USA
I love the new feature to rotate through the visuals. However, it goes back to OFF mode each time I cycle the power.

Steve

Edited by WirelessOne (20/02/2002 01:10)

#73330 - 20/02/2002 10:53 Re: Visual rotation/shuffling not persistent [Re: WirelessOne]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Please be more specifc by "off mode"?

Are you referring to this frequently asked question?

Whenever I use the auto change visuals feature everything always works OK for me.

#73331 - 20/02/2002 16:26 Re: Visual rotation/shuffling not persistent [Re: tfabris]
FlibblE
journeyman

Loc: UK - NE Wales
I found this too. I posted it on another thread, because I wasn't sure at the time, still haven't checked it out thouroughly - I'm in the middle of finally getting round to installing a 4ch amp. But I had it set to randomly switch visuals on timeout. Every time I'd get in the car, it would revert back to Flancedoor (I'm not sure if this could be my current home visual?!).

I should have my amp in tomorrow though so I'll do a bit of testing then.

Cheers.

#73332 - 21/02/2002 16:06 Re: Visual rotation/shuffling not persistent [Re: FlibblE]
FlibblE
journeyman

Loc: UK - NE Wales
Yeah - I tested it out just now. If the visuals mode is set to switch on timeout, when the player's power is cycled (on-off-on) the visual reverts back to auto-change off, and the visual that is displayed is the last one that I actually selected.

Hmmm, let me go through the process, I'm finding kinda hard to explain!
Auto change off - select Flancedoor visual.
Turn auto change onto switch on timeout - observe correct operation.
Turn off ignition, remove player from sled.
Replace player, turn ignition on.
Hold down to get to visual mode (although the first hold down doesn't seem to work so hold it down again!).
Observe Flancedoor visual on and not switching to another visual.

I tried the switch on track change and that seems to work ok. Could someone else confirm this? Also what about the first hold down not being registered as a hold; I haven't checked the bbs for this yet - I only just remembered as I was typing the procedure above.

Cheers,

Seimon

#73333 - 21/02/2002 17:12 Re: Visual rotation/shuffling not persistent [Re: FlibblE]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Could someone else confirm this?

I just went through the steps you outlined, and did not get the same results.

There were two differences in my setup, however: (1) I was on home power; and (2) as a result did not have to re-select visual mode.

I did get the return to the FlanceDoor visual on powerup just as you did; however, at the end of the timeout period the visual advanced to the next in line.

I am quite certain that in-car my visuals do continue to change on timeout after rebooting.

tanstaafl.

#73334 - 21/02/2002 23:29 Yeah, it's a bug as far as I can tell [Re: tanstaafl.]
mavantix
new poster

I'm experiancing the same issue with using the auto switch on timeout... In the car, when power cycling the unit via normal ignition power on and offs, the setting to which auto visual random is reset to OFF... In fact, each time you go into that menu, OFF is highlighted, although, I believe the readme mentioned something about that was suppose to be that way so that it would always be the same key stroke to change the random setting while keeping the eyes on the road.

In anycase, I'm experiancing the same problem, the randomness setting is always reset to off, therefor, my empeg always defaults back to the first visual I had selected. I haven't tried this on a home power source to see if it works correctly.