Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#73874 - 21/02/2002 15:47 Tweak order question
skamp
journeyman

I use the tweak order feature all the time. Is there anyway to do a tweak order for the next song that would normally come after the currently playing. I ask becuase I usually leave my empeg in shuffle everything and many times I hear an intro to a song and then something else plays. I know I could drop out of shuffle mode and it would continue to the next song. I would love to just do a tweak order for normal next position. I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Steve

#73875 - 21/02/2002 15:50 Re: Tweak order question [Re: skamp]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I was just talking to someone else about almost exactly the same thing, here.

Remember that you can always do a search-with-insert.

And what's so bad about dropping out of shuffle? If you're using "least recently played", when you re-shuffle, you should be fine. It's literally one button. And it's the same button to drop in and out of shuffle.

#73876 - 21/02/2002 15:53 Re: Tweak order question [Re: tfabris]
skamp
journeyman

Search is bad when driving. I guess dropping out of shuffle is no big deal but I still think it would be a good tweak order function!

Steve

#73877 - 21/02/2002 16:39 Re: Tweak order question [Re: skamp]
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I never use the shuffle mode in the player, but I do use the playlists set to "always randomize contents". This means when I select albums (which I like to do because the songs on really great albums work together as a whole) they are not random, but my "rock" playlists, etc. are random.

Using these randomized playlists, I can bind together songs by putting them in sub-playlist, in order, and not selecting these sub-playlists to be random. The main playlist will shuffle these songs in, but play them back to back the way you would expect. Unfortunatly, I don't think this works if you have the player in shuffle mode.

I know, very high maintence, but it works for me

-Jeff