Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#74096 - 22/02/2002 13:03 Anyway to download and keep dir structure
rockstar
enthusiast

Lost all my mp3's want to download from teh empeg, but using emplode would be SO time consuming reorging and tagging.. i have hijack installed but i can't seem to find the actual dirs or files.. fwiw.. is there something that will organize by .m3u maybe, so i can download the actual playlists.. anyone?

#74097 - 22/02/2002 13:08 Re: Anyway to download and keep dir structure [Re: rockstar]
guardian__J
enthusiast

Loc: MI, USA
they aren't stored with m3u or mp3 extensions.
I think a couple people have found ways to do it...
I think Jemplode does a good job from what I remember in other threads..

#74098 - 22/02/2002 13:13 Re: Anyway to download and keep dir structure [Re: rockstar]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
A recent version of Jemplode will allow you to download all playlists and will put them in a tree structure that matches your playlist tree.

You can use its options to customize the downloaded file names, too. Currently, I am using the following:

{artist} - {source} ({year}, {genre}) - {pos:2} - {title}.mp3

This allows me to have all the tag info inserted into the filename in case I need to use Tag Studio to work around this issue.

I have a question for Mike:

In Jemplode, there's a box that says "fix up tags". Does this do what I think it does? Can you elaborate on its function?