Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#74618 - 25/02/2002 07:59 Select all songs starting by XYZ
dda
stranger

Loc: Belgium
Hi,

How can you select all artists or titles starting by XYZ with the remote control and let them play as a "dynamic" playlist ?
Is seems only possible to select one artist or one title or one album at a time with the remote control !

DDA

#74619 - 25/02/2002 09:50 Re: Select all songs starting by XYZ [Re: dda]
dda
stranger

Loc: Belgium
I was thinking about to add modes like : append all, replace all, insert all that could be added to the existing append, insert, replace.
Those new modes would take all the artists or titles or sources etc... selected by a XYZ string entered with the remote control.
What da ya think about it ?

DDA

#74620 - 25/02/2002 12:13 Re: Select all songs starting by XYZ [Re: dda]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
the way i do something similar is to in your play list structure set your play list up alpha beticallys then make 5 seprate folders to split the play list up in sections of alphabet.. and jsut select onme folder to play

#74621 - 25/02/2002 20:47 Re: Select all songs starting by XYZ [Re: justinlarsen]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
When searching it would just be more useful to not exit the search list as you add tracks. Then you could queue up search results. As it stands, I never use search because it's so geared toward single items.

Of course, the popular reply to something like this (again) is that hopefully with soup views on the player we'll have some more functionality that can approach some of these requests. For instance, being able to drill down through tracks when browsing genre, instead of only being able to select playing the entire genre when using search.

Bruno