Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#75291 - 26/02/2002 12:38 USB port seems to have died....
BBQMAN
new poster

I was in the middle of syncronizing my player when the USB died. The player was trying to restart when it just stopped and gave an error saying USB port error. I then disconnected it and powewred it down, turned it back on reconnected the USB and it couldn't find it. So, I hooked it up to the ethernet port and it's working fine on that. I even tried reloading the latest beta to see if that helped. Anyone have any ideas? Am I just screwed or what?

#75292 - 26/02/2002 12:42 Re: USB port seems to have died.... [Re: BBQMAN]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Weird... are you running a USB hub or anything? Any other USB devices? Did you reboot your machine?

#75293 - 26/02/2002 22:52 Re: USB port seems to have died.... [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
BBQMAN
new poster

Yeah I rebooted and all of that. Infact I started using the ethernet connection and that got and error twice while trying to restart. It only seems to happen when I'm uploading music. When I'm just manipulating the files on the RIo and syncronize it restarts fine.

#75294 - 27/02/2002 08:42 Re: USB port seems to have died.... [Re: BBQMAN]
Narkotic

Hey BBQMAN I know what your going through. I have windows XP, emplode beta, and beta firmware in the player (newest, of course) and theres a known bug in the newest firmware that sometimes the player will just shut down instead of re-start. Problem is, when you're using USB, when you disconnect the power on the empeg to re-start it, you're also disconnecting the USB, so it completely resets everything making it a HASSLE. I've switched to ethernet so when the player hangs during re-start, I just unplug the empeg and plug it back in and it continues where it left off during the synchronization. For some reason that USB is a REAL bitch to me. I've also tried using the consumer release of emplode and firmware, same issue.