Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#79285 - 10/03/2002 17:20 RDS TA and AF working in Holland?
pim
addict

Loc: The Hague, the Netherlands
Has anyone in Holland heard RDS TA and/or AF working on Dutch radio?

In another post, someone from Denmark reported AF supposedly does not work in Denmark; I did not travel far enough listening to the readio yet to test AF, but I have never heard TA working. And yes, I do have this feature turned on, tuned into Radio 3.

Dutch radio must use some peculiar RDS feature. This is proven by the fact that Dutch radio 1's RDS signals crash the version 1.03 player.

#79286 - 11/03/2002 03:32 Re: RDS TA and AF working in Holland? [Re: pim]
juenk
journeyman

Loc: Waardenburg, The Netherlands
I tested it once, it does work well. The RDS signal however should be quite strong in order to function correctly. Since my unit is not yet installed in my car, I can't say anything about the Dutch situation while on the road. Will be continued within a few weeks...

Jelle

#79287 - 11/03/2002 04:46 Re: RDS TA and AF working in Holland? [Re: juenk]
eslange
journeyman

Loc: Utrecht, Netherlands
Your comment regarding switching to the strongest signal is a known problem (I've no link to the Problem-forum). It's switching if the current signal is very weak, while it should do it earlier. Íf I'm true it's a registered PR and will be picked up by the empeg-team.
So... watch the next beta's!

Neither I've build in my toy yet... first I want to buy my new car, then I'm rebuilding it :-) .

Cheers,
EiSl (from Utrecht, NL)