Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7991 - 16/05/2000 09:11 Mailing List Problems
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Unfortunately a powercut in the middle of the mailing run yesterday has caused a corruption of the mailing list database. Although I've been able to recover most of it, about 2000 addresses have been lost.

To prevent a recurrence of this (and other) problems I've finally got around to setting up a decent unix mailing list program. I'm about to transfer the current list over to it, so within the next 24 hours you should receive a subscribe notification. If you do not receive this the chances are that your address was one of those lost, in which case you can resubscribe by emailing:

[email protected]

with the word "help" in the message (you will then receive full instructions).

Note that the registration database is NOT affected by this - we haven't lost any registrations or confirmations.

Regards

Rob

#7992 - 16/05/2000 14:06 Update [Re: rob]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
What is it with me and mailing lists? It seems I need only glance at them and they go horribly wrong!

Mailman is now doing horrendous things to sendmail, so I think some more tweaking is going to be in order. If you get any duplicated subscribe messages from the list I apologise - bear with me, I will make it work or expire in the process (which might be preferable to the process expiring, which is the problem at the moment)!

Rob